Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've been scouring these boards for days now looking for pictures of Oberon Kindle covers.  Some of the "owner" pictures that you guys have posted are so much better than the ones on the Oberon site.  Is there a thread or section on here that has all of the pics in one place?  I've looked but maybe I've missed it. 

I'm trying to decide on a cover.  (All of the posts debating covers and trying to make decisions have made me smile to realize I'm not the only one who agonizes over these things - my husband just laughs at me!)  I really like Tree of Life and Butterfly, and I've seen great pics of those.  I also like Three Graces and Roof of Heaven, but haven't seen pics on here and I realize Roof of Heaven hasn't quite been made yet for the Kindle so that's probably why.  Anyone have their own pic of Three Graces that you could share?  Or a journal pic of Roof of Heaven?

Thanks everyone - I'm glad to be here.  This looks like a great group and friendly Kindle community.  I'll be the proud owner of a Kindle 2 in less than 2 weeks, and it will be my first one.
Kari
ps - If there isn't a dedicated thread for Oberon pics, would anyone like to start one??!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I agree a thread for pictures of Oberon covers would be nice. Here is a picture of my Dragonfly Pond cover.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have the sky dragon. The picture is kinda washed out ,stupid phonecam, but you can get the idea:

BTW the 2nd pic shows the red in more of its true color.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I have World Tree...love it
I was just gonna ask if anyone has this cover or not. Havent heard much about it but it was one of my favorites and i would like to have another cover one of these days. It looks really good.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here's my "Tree of Life" cover:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks so much to everyone for the responses so far.  I love seeing the pictures of all the different Oberon covers, and this will be a great thread for others to see them all in the future too.  Keep the pics coming!!!  :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
kari said:
Hi everyone,
I've been scouring these boards for days now looking for pictures of Oberon Kindle covers.
ps - If there isn't a dedicated thread for Oberon pics, would anyone like to start one??!
Looks like you just did.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Cowgirl said:
I have World Tree...love it
Wow! that is beautiful! Now I'm second guessing my choice for K2 covers...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
World Tree is even more dark green in person.  The Light reflects off the picture here. It looks even better in person.  I just love the tree with the celtic notes underneath.  While it is still my first choice my second choice would be dragonfly pond but I would want it in the color of World Tree.  I'm just not sure I would like the green it currently comes in.  Somebody tell me the color looks better in person than it appears in pictures....

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Nice pics guys. Looking good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the awesome photos! The blue doesn't look as dark as I imagined, bit more of a medium navy. I like it!

Does anyone have a picture of the fairy?

How about a picture of roof of heaven journal...not an Internet image, but a photo from an owner.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
girls4rus said:
Thanks for the awesome photos! The blue doesn't look as dark as I imagined, bit more of a medium navy. I like it!
It is actually darker than the picture makes it look. I also think the cover has darkened a bit in the months since I have owned it.

L

·
Registered
94 Posts
Kathy,  Where did you get the dragonfly screen saver?  I'm fairly new to the Kindle having gotten in for Christmas and I just got into the accessories.  I've been too busy reading. ;D  So I don't know all the ins and outs yet.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ddarol said:
Kathy, Where did you get the dragonfly screen saver? I'm fairly new to the Kindle having gotten in for Christmas and I just got into the accessories. I've been too busy reading. ;D So I don't know all the ins and outs yet.
I made them. They are in the Kindle Boards Photo Gallery. This is the link. If it doesn't work it is the thread Screensavers for the Lily skin.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,2943.0.html

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Leslie said:
Here are some pics of my Hokusai wave cover:
Leslie, I noticed that your cover is the velcro. Is the velcro easily removed? My daughter is looking at the Butterfly cover and there is one for sale here on the boards. It is velcro and she is considering it, but doesn't want to use velcro if it is hard to remove.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kathy said:
Leslie, I noticed that your cover is the velcro. Is the velcro easily removed? My daughter is looking at the Butterfly cover and there is one for sale here on the boards. It is velcro and she is considering it, but doesn't want to use velcro if it is hard to remove.
My velcro is stuck on the skin so probably if I wanted to remove it, I'd just remove the skin and that would be that. However, Luvmy4Brats mentioned removing velcro from Edgar (her Kindle that she sold last week) and said she didn't have any trouble at all.

L

1 - 20 of 122 Posts