Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Argh! I've been distracted all day!

Mine really start after I release my second book. Then I need to get onto writing the third in the series plus a few novellas and edit my nano. I want to have at least 3 full-length self published novels (including the one that is already out there) and begin querying agents for a different novel. I'd still like to be trade published at some point but it's no biggy if that doesn't happen, I'll just carry on the way I am, slowly building up readers.

I think my writer resolution is to do everything I can to further my career as a writer. Quitting the day job is the dream, I've just got to stay on the right path!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,323 Posts
I'll tell you what my resolution is. It just got pushed above "get some exercise, you lazy slug". It is FINISH THIS F***ING NOVEL. Gah! It has been more of a struggle than any I've ever written.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,262 Posts
I resolve to make it big. I mean, really big. Still working on the details.

You know, I thought about doing something different this year, like quickening the pace of my editing, but then I shitcanned that notion. It kinda feels like I'm mowing the grass by cutting one blade at a time, but when I think of all the stuff I would've left out, left in, or left foggy, I realize I don't have a choice. I just have to put up with seeing the rest of you announce book release after book release, you bastards. So, no writing related resolutions. Just to kiss the wife twice as much as I do now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
vrabinec said:
I resolve to make it big. I mean, really big. Still working on the details.

You know, I thought about doing something different this year, like quickening the pace of my editing, but then I shitcanned that notion. It kinda feels like I'm mowing the grass by cutting one blade at a time, but when I think of all the stuff I would've left out, left in, or left foggy, I realize I don't have a choice. I just have to put up with seeing the rest of you announce book release after book release, you bastards. So, no writing related resolutions. Just to kiss the wife twice as much as I do now.
Lol!

My resolutions: to write better, to publish at least 2 more novels, to write better, to write more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
I'm working on limiting the distractions as much as I can.  I'm getting there and am actually getting some writing done.

It'll be interesting to see if it stays that way when things get really busy in a couple of weeks.

I don't do resolutions, but if I did, it would be to write a lot more.  And figure out the marketting thing, which, quite frankly, I'm terrible at.  I kind of need to though.  I'm probably getting married later on in the year, which will involve moving states.  I've always wanted to just be an author but unless some progress is made by then, it may end up taking a back seat for a while :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, if I could only check Facebook once a DAY that would be an improvement. Never mind checking KDP stats..

Hope everyone wanting to make it big will make it big.

It can happen!

Hey, A. S. exciting news about getting married! Congratulations.

I'm trying to write more & spend less time on the internet.

Anyone tried Freedom?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
HelenSmith said:
Hey, A. S. exciting news about getting married! Congratulations.
May be slightly premature given I haven't popped the question yet ;) Thats planned for later this month but she has already said she'll say yes. Havent talked about a date yet though end of year looks most likely with our schedules.

And now back to your regular programming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,262 Posts
A. S. Warwick said:
May be slightly premature given I haven't popped the question yet ;) Thats planned for later this month but she has already said she'll say yes. Havent talked about a date yet though end of year looks most likely with our schedules.

And now back to your regular programming.
Are you gonna propose in some geeky writer way like hand her the lap top and ask "What do you think the next line should be?" And just have:

He said, "Will you marry me?"
She took the laptop and replied,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do update us on how you propose!

Fireworks that light up to spell out her name and the words 'Marry Me'? A ring slipped into a cocktail? A flashmob? A book published on Amazon with the title Will You Marry Me [name of your beloved]? in which you talk about how you first met, why you love her and how happy you'll be together...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,262 Posts
HelenSmith said:
A book published on Amazon with the title Will You Marry Me [name of your beloved]? in which you talk about how you first met, why you love her and how happy you'll be together...
That is freakin' brilliant! THAT is something I know the wife would have loved. Too bad. I proposed in bar. Rushed it because it was closing time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is freakin' brilliant!
Heh! I should give it all up and become a wedding planner. Or a proposal planner. Something...

You could always do a sweet little 'Here's why I love you' book for your wedding anniversary. Though of course it may turn out to be a curse, like celebrities being featured in Hello! magazine saying how happy they are, shortly before splitting acrimoniously. So, if you're superstitious, maybe don't do it.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top