Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burgess Meredith:  All the books, steps on his glasses; can't read his books.  He would have been able to, had he had a Kindle and set the font to size 6!!!
GREAT EPISODE.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Too bad that I'm a veteran of those Twilight Zone marathons and have seen most of them time and time again. I did enjoy the Stooges marathon last night, though.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Teninx:  we flipped back and forth like crazy:  Between Twilight Zone, Stooges, and Planet of the Apes.  You just can't take the stooge out of a guy...my husband lives for them.  He has all the collector plates the dolls and t-shirts galore.  We put all the plates and dolls away for future grandchildren.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Leslie, the Twilight Zone marathon is on Sci-Fi. For what it's worth, that's cable channel 63 down here but likely different on your system.

·
Registered
509 Posts
sjc said:
Teninx: we flipped back and forth like crazy: Between Twilight Zone, Stooges, and Planet of the Apes. You just can't take the stooge out of a guy...my husband lives for them. He has all the collector plates the dolls and t-shirts galore. We put all the plates and dolls away for future grandchildren.
I'm lucky that Mrs. Ten has an appreciation of The Stooges, although she is a heretic who thinks that Shemp is a better Stooge than Curly. I have to get all Moe with her!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Teninx:  Never... It's Moe, Larry, Curly for us. 
We've also watched It's a mad mad mad mad world a gazillion times too...have you seen the Stooges cameo in it? 

That movie had so many stars in it.  We have a video of the kids when they were little doing a spoof on the movie...it is hilarious.  We had the movie on in the background and them acting out the scenes as they were happening; we crack up every time we drag out the family movies. 

My son coughing like Durante saying there's all this dough, I tell ya...  And my daughter screeching out Ethel Merman's part...You're just like your father, a big, stupid, muscle-headed moron.  Then my son got his toy fire truck and re-enacted the ladder scene.  I should send it in to AFV and win the prize...lol.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Darn.... we missed it!!  We love the Twilight Zone!!  We actually have Twilight Zone Vol. 1 from Netflix right now.  But, the Burgess Meredith episode where he breaks his glasses is one of my very favorites!!  And, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World is such a classic!!  How can you not love Jimmy Durante "kicking the bucket"?

B

·
0 Posts
The TZ adaptation of Jerome Bixby's brilliant "It's a GOOD Life" starts in an hour.  (They are doing episodes that made it into the movie right now apparently.  I just saw both "Kick the Can" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.")

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PraiseGod13;
I bought my husband the entire series definitive collection last year for Christmas and he still watches it on TV whenever it's on!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I saw Bemis, had to give up and sleep as Kick the Can was coming on. Had to switch back and forth because Bill has a low tolerance for TZ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts