Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I just got a kindle(1) and can't wait to get a new cover.  Any suggestions?  I like the size of the cover that came with it, it just isn't .....girlie enough.  thanks Kari

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
ALERT!  ALERT!!  ALERT!!!  WARNING!  WARNING!!  Be prepared, helpful enablers are sure to be inroute and it will be fun! ::) ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kari-

Welcome to Kindleboards. Your gonna love your kindle. Their is a lady that makes a cover and tote by hand, I have one and just love it!! I went and checked and she has just put one on Ebay today!! These are made really well, and are VERY affordable. I like the other covers but hate to cut into my book buying fund for a cover....and I won't feel guilty buying one every couple of months if I don't spend a fortune.

Just go to Ebay and look up SHARP KINDLE COVER.

Have a great time with your kindle and let me know and I will try to down load pictures if you would like to see.

Joy

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ruh Roh!  Here we go again!  Congratus on your Kindle.  Don't forget to set some money aside for books!  :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Protection is more important to me then asthetics. I love my Pategonia cover, it's great to travel with and use at home, fits perfectly in my small backpack purse.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hi cooniemama and welcome to the kindleboards! There is a large contingent of oberon cover lovers here (i am one :D ). I would check out the following websites for a start:

1. www.oberondesign.com (gorgeous, very high quality, very functional, wonderful to work with, USA made, can't say enough about this company)
2. www.strangedog.com (one man show who does covers in his spare time, very high quality, very hard to find in stock - keep looking at his website and email him if you see something you like)
3. www.buymedge.com (i don't personally have one of these, but others on the boards love them)

Have a wonderful time looking and make sure to ask any questions you have about them once you see something you like. there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who are more than happy to help. [stepping back to let some other enablers help ;) ]

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to KindeBoards! If you take the time to introduce yourself in the Welcome Thread (http://www.kboards.com/index.php/board,3.0.html) I'm sure you will receive a warm KB welcome!

I have an M-Edge, and I LOVE it. It has extra space along the spine for an integrated light. Some people don't like the extra space, but (once I get the light) I think I will find it quite handy that the light just slips right into the cover.

A lot of people also seem to like their Oberon covers.

Good luck making your decision!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
cooniemomma said:
Hi there, I just got a kindle(1) and can't wait to get a new cover. Any suggestions? I like the size of the cover that came with it, it just isn't .....girlie enough. thanks Kari
I just heard a loud "whooshing" sound as every enabler on the Kindle Accessories board rushed to your aid. :D

Congratulations on your new Kindle!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
cooniemomma said:
Hi there, I just got a kindle(1) and can't wait to get a new cover. Any suggestions? I like the size of the cover that came with it, it just isn't .....girlie enough. thanks Kari
Welcome to my parlor said the spider to the fly.....Sit back and relax, we'll take GREAT care of you. <insert evil, manical laugh here>

I personally recommend Oberon, especially if you're looking for something with more personality. You get plenty of personality with an Oberon. They're mini works of art.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome to the Boards.  You've come to the right place to get cover suggestions.
Feel free to use the search tool on here to look up Oberon, M-edge, and the others mentioned above.  You will find plenty of opinions posted. 
I personally have an Oberon and 2 M-Edge.  Got my second M-edge when they went on sale. 
I like them both.  I probably use my Oberon more often.  But I really like my light feature in the M-edge and use it quite often at night. 
Good luck.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you want girly, try the bobarra Austen. I love mine. At first I wasn't sure, but I got used to it in about 10 min, LOL. It comes in several girly prints and the magnets are a really great idea -- the cover snaps closed w/ no effort and the magnets hold it open (folded back) for reading as well:

http://www.bobarra.com/cart/home.php?cat=255

I have the frog one. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Just to stir the fire a little more, I have a Stylz Avant Garde that is very professional looking and would work for either man or woman.
Here is a picture:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts