Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Hey.

You can do this on a slim budget.

1. Cover. Find a good premade. That will save you money. I don't know what genre you are in, but there are inexpensive, good cover artists and premades out there. (maybe check out www.goonwrite.com for some ideas. His covers are $75 to $100, if I remember correctly.)

2. Grammar. ProwritingAid and Grammarly are a good start. Will they catch everything? No, but if you're on a budget you can do this yourself. It depends on your background and how good you are with grammar. If you deep down don't think you have the skills? Hire someone. Flat rate.

3. Formatting. Vellum for Mac is the best, but requires $$. The easiest way, with zero learning curve, is to sign up for a free account at Draft2Digital. You can convert your Word files into ebooks there for free, even if you do not distribute books with them.

4. Advertising. YES. You must advertise. But don't do too much at once. Try to master one platform at a time. I'd say start with Amazon advertising. Set up 1 auto target ad (where Amazon chooses your targets), 1 category ad, and choose the category amazon suggests. and 1 ad with keywords you choose. (authors and books similar to yours, and be realistic.) Don't worry about blowing the budget. Amazon rarely spends all of your ad money. Set the keyword bid at 30 to 35 cents, no dynamic, with a budget of $10 a day.

NOW, before you launch, take the time to read Amazon Decoded by David Gaughran and The ultimate book marketing crash course by Nicholas Erik. Spend some real time choosing your categories and keywords (the ones you type in when you set up your book in KDP.) and, work on your blurb and work on it some more. All these things matter. A lot. And they don't take money, they just take time. So give them the time.

· Registered
740 Posts
Also, you can make a book trailer for free at Lumen5.com.
I use those. Book trailers don't produce sales, but they are fun to have. So don't spend $$.
Think of them as an extra fan bonus to post to your YouTube, Goodreads profile, and Amazon author central page.

They're like sewing fringe on the bottom of a curtain. Extra.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.