Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, well my hubby and I are really enjoying our KDX.  It is an amazing way to read books.  Now, how do I get it away from him!?!?  I have to wait until he goes to sleep to read.  Too funny.  Wish I could afford two.

We have purchased the M-edge Platform cover, so when hubby falls asleep, the KDX will just be sitting there sleeping too.  Also, want the e-Luminator light, so I can read the KDX in bed, since hubby is asleep.  See where I am going with this post?

Does anyone know if you can download a Kindle book to your computer in .pdf?  The books are in a strange format (to me) and when transferred via USB cannot be read on my laptop.

Love the Kindle Boards!  I have learned so much.  Thanks, everyone.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Nope, Kindle (.azw, .azw1) books cannot be read on your computer due to DRM restrictions.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome.  You should maybe check into a gently loved K1 or K2.  Cuz as long as a kindle owner is awake, you cant pry it out of their hands.  If you want your share of kindle time, you'll have to get your own.  You can still share an account, and share the books.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I'm still considering whether to order the DX. Enjoy the boards.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi there :) Welcome to the boards :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Enjoy your stay here.

Sailor

ETA: I'm from California too!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, leagalbs2! Glad you found us!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Welcome to KB!  Good luck trying to pry that Kindle out of your hubby's hands!  I know, I know, get him hooked on KindleBoards and maybe you can use the Kindle while we keep him focused on...Kindle accessories!  :D

By the way, do you own an iPhone or iTouch?  You could read your Kindle books on that.

N :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the KindleBoards!  I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay...
jp

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
angelad said:
Hey Newbie,

Another Newbie would like to welcome you ;D
Hey, another newbie!! Welcome.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome Beth, It's nice to have you here. Now put up your feet and sit a spell  ;D I think I would go out of my mind if I had to share a kindle but if hubby is not so good at sharing, I think I would do what I used to with my kids ...........  Set a timer and when time is up their turn is over. I'm sure it won't take long to figure out how to save some money for a 2nd kindle then.  ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Welcome from another south OCer.  You can find ways to slip your DX away from hubby.  If you do it enough, he'll get the hint and you can get your own!  Don't give up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts