Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have been lurking for a few days and I finally joined!  It's nice to be here!  I live in a Raleigh, NC suburb and I have had my Kindle since early Nov.  I am currently trying to decide if I want to upgrade to a K2 or not and also what to name my Kindle 1.  I know, I know... if I name her, I'll get attached.  ;) 

I was thinking of naming her Hyzenthlay and I suspect there are a few other posters here who know what the heck that means.  :)

A few of my favorite books in no particular order:
Watership Down
The Kite Runner
The Forever War
Infidel
Anything by Lovecraft

Also, I wonder if anyone senses a "Kindle Konspiracy" in their household?  Every now and then, I sense one of my three beloved dogs eyeing my Kindle with a wicked look in their eyes.  They know it's stealing my attention from them and I just KNOW they are thinking about how wonderful it would be to chew on it.  Even my cat is like "move that thing NOW... the lap is mine!!!"  She would be the one to plan the assassination and the dogs would be the ones to bring the destruction and then try to look all innocent.  lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome raccemup!

SO, are you in the research triangle?  I have friends in Raleigh but have never been there.  I have spent a few weeks Asheville and Hendersonville -- I think NC is absolutely beautiful and you are lucky to live there.

From your book list it would appear you don't run from doom & gloom or horror and the macabre: cool!

I look forward to reading more of your posts, and congrats for coming out of lurkdom :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello raccemup and welcome! I know what you mean about the dogs... my dog is jealous of my kindle and my laptop... when he thinks I have spent too much time reading or typing, he tries to get between me and my devices!!  :D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome,raccemup! Glad you decided to join in. There is a thread in the Not Quite Kindle area for posting pictures of your pets if you would be interested.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Malibama said:
Welcome raccemup!

SO, are you in the research triangle? I have friends in Raleigh but have never been there. I have spent a few weeks Asheville and Hendersonville -- I think NC is absolutely beautiful and you are lucky to live there.

From your book list it would appear you don't run from doom & gloom or horror and the macabre: cool!

I look forward to reading more of your posts, and congrats for coming out of lurkdom :)
Thanks everyone!

Malibama,
Yes, we are in the Research Triangle which is the 3 cities of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill and the areas around them. Collectively, it's a HUGE area. Not to be confused with Research Triangle Park or "RTP" which is basically an overgrown office park wedged between Raleigh and Durham. ;D You really should visit the area if you have friends here. It's very nice. We moved here 6 years ago and we just love it.

...and no... I certanily don't run from horror and/or the macabre; I usually run toward it. lol

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome rccemup - nice to have you here.  My pups like my kindle as I have an extra hand for ear rubbing  ;D  My DH is the one who doesn't like it, but he's coming around  ;D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach!

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey, great to have you. i understand the version anxiety. when V2 was introduced, i ordered one on opening day for my daughter, who is away at college. so i get to have both versions for a while to check it out. from the specs, i dont care for the "forever battery" sealed in as there is no such thing as a battery that last forever although LI-POLY is rated for 10,000 recharge cycles.  and i hate the concept of usb connection only to a laptop for off storage instead of  the removable card.
but now I get to play with her v2 for a number of weeks until she is home for break/vacation as my delivery is scheduled for next thursday and her birthday is 6 weeks after.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome raccemup, glad you are here! :) I loved The Kite Runner and Infidel. A Thousand Splendid Suns is a great book also, same author as The Kite Runner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts