Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To this point I have only downloaded books, magazine and newspaper subscriptions through Amazon. 

I would like to make use of our library's digital download ebooks, but am not sure how to do this.  I don't know if the formats they offer are compatible or not, and if so, how to do the transfer.

Our library offers ebooks as Adobe PDF ebooks, and Mobipocket ebooks. 

Any ideas you can give will be appreciated. 

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
K2 supports (unencrypted) .MOBI and .PRC Mobipocket formats.

PDF would have to be converted, which is now one of the formats supported by the Amazon conversion service.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Jeff said:
My guess is that the e-books from your library are DRM protected and can only be read on your computer with Adobe Reader and Mobipocket Reader software. I hope I'm wrong.
The tech expert at my local library says there is a way to make the DRM protected mobipocket books compatible with the Kindle without harming the DRM, although there is some controversy about this. Books would still expire in 3 weeks (or whatever your library's lending period is) and be unuseable. It's a little complicated and one must have a little computer savvy to do it. One would have to be familiar with using a Command Prompt and python scripts. If you would like to read more about it, do a search for something like "read drm-protected Mobipocket content" at mobileread.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts