Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.  My name is Lila Bishop, and it's time I step out of the lurk shadows.

I write paranormal romance.  Not the grrr-rrrr werewolf vampire matey I-smell-you-across-the-room kind.  But the witches warlocks in New Orleans with sparkly spells charms and magical sex kind.  I'm about a third of the way through the first draft of my first novel and have also written several shorter works that I'm holding in my pocket for later.  I didn't realize I had a place on this board until I saw others who are writing their first book posting so I thought, hey...

On a personal note, I'm a woman in my forties with a husband, a cat and a messy house.  I live in Texas and work at Evil Bank.

Generally a late adopter of tech,  I only realized last year that a revolution had changed the entire concept of self-publishing.  Now, I am excited - and bit terrified and overwhelmed.  The knowledge in the Writers' Cafe is incredible.  I can't even begin to fathom it.  I hope, one day, to look down upon a newbie from high and say, "Oh, you pitiful b**tard.  Here, let me help."

Thank you in advance for your help.  :)

Lila

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi Lila, welcome to the group!  We all started somewhere, and you'll find levels of success here from zero to amazing.  The best part is so many of them are willing to help guide us along the path.  Good luck with your writing.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Hi Lila.
Welcome from a smiley in Texas.    I have a chihuahua (that sleeps more than a cat), am in my late 40's and have a cluttered house.
I am sure you will learn much here.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I do not accept VerticalScope's Terms Of Service on Kboards, and have asked for my account to be deleted, along with all of my posts.

If you are here as a result of a Google search, leave now. The owners of this site are interested only in your possible ad revenue.

·
Registered
529 Posts
We all had to start with the first word of our first book. Welcome! :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Lila, welcome! I had a similar revelation two years ago about indie book publishing, and you can see the results in my signature. ;D Don't let KBoards overwhelm you, don't let it eat into time you should be setting aside to write, but do hang out, ask questions and have fun!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome!! I just finished the rough draft of my first book on the 8th. :D There's definitely a place for us here - most people are lovely and welcoming, even to newbies like us. :)

I also didn't even think about anything other than trad publishing until less than six months ago when I did a bunch of research and realized that self-publishing is possible and even preferably for people like me (control freak oops).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome! I will try to take @Robert Dahlen's advice and not sacrifice writing time for addictive board time. :D

@cinisajoy - Hi, Texas!
@cinisajoy @heather hamilton-senter @z. rider - The messy house is heriditary. My mother had a little framed artpiece that read "Dull Women Keep Immaculate Homes".
@smikeo - hissss Evil Bank
@elizabethsade - Congrats on your first draft!!!

Chris Fox said:
Welcome, Lila. Do you currently have any books for sale? Can't wait to see them in your signature!
No books yet. Just a bitty blog link I need to add. I'm holding back the short works to publish until I have longer ones as well. Patience, Grasshopper? Or something like that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome! I'm pretty new myself and still mostly lurk but everyone here seems pretty nice.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Hey, Lila. Welcome aboard from South Carolina.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts