Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning! I'm Ellie, from the Portland, Oregon area. I just recieved my Kindle yesterday. I love it! It seems like I waited forever- My parents, in-laws, husband, even grandma all chipped in to get it for my birthday. Then of course there was a long wait for it to ship. I'm grateful that it arrived in time for me to show them all over the holidays. I'd never seen one in real life- it's so much cooler than I imagined.

I have a lot of down time at work that I can read... however it has to be fairly unobtrusive. The ease of the Kindle will be great in my cubicle. It will also allow me to knit while I read. Hooray! I've already formatted some PDF knitting patterns onto it. Now I just need to find a way to keep the Kindle propped up on the desk while I read. I know there are probably lots of stands, I need something portable. Off to research that next.

Anyhow, it seems like these boards are a wealth of knowledge. I'm looking forward to browsing!

~Ellie

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
welcome panjo

glad your here.  I also knit and read at the same time. I just lean it against the lamp.  I set the egg time to remind me to get up and walk around otherwise I can sit too long.
let me know which book stand you get.

Tessa

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, Ellie -

Nice to have you here & that you are very excited about your Kindle.

It's awesome that you can now show it off to your family  :)

Pretty cool that you can use it at work; I sure could not.

Have fun knitting & Kindling & participating here,

Marci

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Ellie--

Welcome to Kindleboards and congratulations on your Kindle!  I am so impressed with those of you who knit and read at the same time.  I couldn't knit without losing my place and dropping stitches let alone knit and read too!

Be sure to check out the Book Corner--we have lots of free book and bargain book recommendations.  And you can check out some of the book stands in Accessories.  And of course, you can learn oodles (yes, oodles) about your Kindle in Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Ellie...

Everyone has given you good advice.

It's nice to meet you,

-sailor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts