Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Great news!!  Thanks for sharing.  I am also in Va.  I guess the regulars are still sleeping. :p

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Since they mentioned Kindle in the article, lets assume all those books will be digitized in a Kindle format.

Way cool.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wow great news, lets hope that the more popular that the kindle get, the more publishers and authors will want to put there book in kindle and other e-book formats.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
West coasters are now awake! This good news. Now I have look up what books I read are published by the company. This is going to be the first time I've goe through my bookshelf since I got my Kindle.

G

·
I thought that this was interesting. It's the whole article from MSNBC but I put the link there anyway.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27888968/

Publisher already has more than 8,000 books in the electronic format

NEW YORK - With e-book sales exploding in an otherwise sleepy market, Random House Inc. announced Monday that it was making thousands of additional books available in digital form, including novels by John Updike and Harlan Coben, as well as several volumes of the "Magic Treehouse" children's series.

Random House CEO Markus Dohle said in a statement that "more people everyday are enjoying reading in the electronic format and Random House wants to extend our reach to them with more of our books."

The publisher already has more than 8,000 books in the electronic format and will have a digital library of nearly 15,000. The new round of e-books is expected to be completed within months; excerpts can be viewed online through the publisher's Insight browsing service.

Random House's vice president for digital operations, Matt Shatz, says e-book sales have increased by triple digit percentages in 2008, thanks in part to Amazon.com's Kindle reader, but he declined to offer specific number. E-books remain a tiny part of the overall market, widely estimated in the industry at 1 percent or less.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
That makes me glad I signed up for Random House's author alert (e-books only).  I think I have four Random House authors on my list.  I'd better check to see if they publish more of my faves.  Random House also includes Ballantine, Penguin, Dell and many others. 

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
There is another thread about this, I am going to combine....

·
Registered
869 Posts
gertiekindle said:
That makes me glad I signed up for Random House's author alert (e-books only). I think I have four Random House authors on my list. I'd better check to see if they publish more of my faves. Random House also includes Ballantine, Penguin, Dell and many others.
Gertie,

Where/how do you sign up? I like some of their subsidiaries.

Marci

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Marci said:
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I've got the site bookmarked for more exploration.

Marci
I've got five authors I'm my list so far. Haven't gotten any notices from them, yet, but I figure it's the fastest way to get the news.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts