Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reading newspapers on the kindle, can you download a part of it to keep?  Is it just the written articles?  Anyone have suggestions for newspapers, particularly sports information?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anju said:
In reading newspapers on the kindle, can you download a part of it to keep? Is it just the written articles?
You get the whole issue at a time; as far as keeping 'part' of it, the only thing I've done is the 'save page as clipping' option. All of your bookmarks, hilighting, and clippings are in one big file called My Clippings in your home page, so it's not very usable that way.

You do get pictures and charts; I don't know if you get all of them or only the ones that the publisher decided to include in the Kindle version. And with the new zoom feature, you can blow up the chart to screen size, which is better than before.

I think they will let you get samples of the periodicals too; so you can see how the paper looks to you before signing up for a subscription.

·
Registered
788 Posts
bosslady said:
I think they will let you get samples of the periodicals too; so you can see how the paper looks to you before signing up for a subscription.
You can get a 14-day trial of all magazines, newspapers, and blogs :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
I never thought I'd recommend this to anyone but if you're just looking for US sports info USAToday is probably the best of the bunch.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I get the NY times.  It piles up on my Kindle so as far as keeping is concerned, you can always just not delete the ones on your Kindle or move them to an SD card if you get a K1.  On Amazon, they only keep about a week's worth.  So if you delete the version on your Kindle after a week, it's gone.  You can always save a page with the clippings feature too.  I haven't done that.  For the NYT, I get just the text with a few photos sprinkled in there.  I find the best content as far as graphs and charts to be found in the online version, where they include interactive features.  You get all the articles however in their full length.  Pared down like that, you really see just how much actual information is in a newspaper.  No syndicated columns however. 

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
I get the Washington Post and it has all the stories and some pictures.  No box scores or anything like that.  If an issue has articles I want to keep I move it to my SD card.  Otherwise I delete the issue after I've read it.  You can put notes on reminding yourself of why you saved the thing too. . .which will probably help in six months when you find it again and can't figure out why it's there!  :)

Ann

·
Registered
9 Posts
For us SD-deprived K2'ers: can you save off a newspaper on the computer using USB, and retrieve it later (just as you do with the SD card)?

·
Registered
366 Posts
You can save any amazon content to your computer.  Just go to managae my kindle and download to the computer. Then you can access whenever you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts