Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody had any experience with Next Chapter? If so, what's the good, bad, and ugly?

How about D2D's new POD services? If you are knowledgeable about D2D, how do you think it compares with Lulu?

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No response???????????

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
No response???????????
Probably because no one has even heard of it. Like, it's not even findable on a Google search for "Chapter by Chapter" book printing which is a real bad sign.

D2D's service is probably fine because they do everything right in general, but why are you avoiding the elephant in the room? Use KDP Print for Amazon, or Ingram for everything else (or everything including Amazon.) It's highly likely and often known that everyone is pretty much using Ingram to do the actual printing anyway, including Amazon at times. So your question should really start with an explanation of why you can't or won't use those better/faster/cheaper options. Because you're just looking for the best of inferior choices.

Reactions: Doglover

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Another author that I met on Facebook recommended that I switch from D2D to Next Chapter. The link is: Next Chapter It has a sizable Twitter following, but I'd never heard of it before either.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly because no one has heard of it. I know I haven't. As far as I know Lulu doesn't have a very good name among self publishers as they are more like a vanity publisher than a self publishing outlet.
The paperback through Lulu is very high quality, but sales suck.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another author that I met on Facebook recommended that I switch from D2D to Next Chapter. The link is: Next Chapter It has a sizable Twitter following, but I'd never heard of it before either.
It also produces audio books.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sales with D2D have been slow. Since this company was recommended by an author FB friend, I decided to check it out and hope that someone here had some experience with Next Chapter (and D2D POD). Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts