Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have read this all over the forum for the past few days, and I want to clear up either my misunderstanding or others'. 

I keep seeing people complain about next-day shipping.  I have never used it with Amazon, so I don't know. 

Doesn't next-day shipping simply mean that you will receive your item the day after it ships, not that you will receive it the day after it is released? 

In other words, next-day shipping wouldn't necessarily mean that your Kindle 2 arrives the day after it is released (on the 24th), but that it will arrive the day after it is shipped.  Therefore, if your Kindle isn't shipped on the 23rd, you won't receive it on the 24th; if it is shipped on the 25th, though, you will receive it on the 26th. 

I always understood next-day shipping that way.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have had prime for years and order next day shipping whenever it's something (like guess what?) that I'm too impatient for-as a prime member it's only 3.99.  Most times, if I order something by 2pm ct I get it the next day.  For my kindle, my message said it was shipped yesterday morning, and is scheduled for delivery today. Honestly, I think if you order a lot from amazon, prime is more than worth it with today's shipping costs!

·
Registered
921 Posts
That is a good point.  But those of us that got the shipping notice yesterday (which is when it was shipped) are having a fit.  But yeah I hear what your saying and that sounds right.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kevin63 said:
That is a good point. But those of us that got the shipping notice yesterday (which is when it was shipped) are having a fit. But yeah I hear what your saying and that sounds right.
Don't get me wrong, I agree wholeheartedly that if you got a shipping notice yesterday you should get it today. It seemed, however, that there were some people upset because they didn't even get a shipping notice after ordering next-day shipping. But next-day shipping shouldn't (I wouldn't think) affect when it is shipped after it is released, just when you should get it after it actually ships.

I understand the excitement, though. I had it with the first Kindle, and, should I decide to order one in the future, I will have it with the Kindle 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts