Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, I joined Kindleboards the other day.  I am a very proud Kindle Owner.  I received my Kindle as a gift for my 30th birthday this past June.  While getting a Kindle was completely unexpected, it has since become one of my most treasured possessions. 

I used to read a lot while growing up, but during my 20's I stopped reading as much because everything else in my life took over.  Since June, I've been reading more than ever, my husband is actually surprised by how many books I go through a month.  One of my favorite reads of 2008 was the Twilight series.  It was right before Breaking Dawn was released, and I Kindled Twilight to see what the books were all about.  Twilight was good enough for me to kindle New Moon, after that you can say I became addicted to the books.  These books also opened me up to a different genre of books.  Previously I primarily read Nora Roberts and James Patterson books.  But now I find myself kindling all sort of different books and it's great.

I have been reading the Amazon Kindle boards for months, and on a lark decided to jump over here to read a little bit.  This board has impressed me so much with the great topics and people, I wanted to be a part of it all.  Thank you providing a place for this Kindle lover to hang out while she's not reading.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome bws and thanks for the intro and your kind words. We are a diverse and friendly group who share a passion for reading and our Kindles. Hope you will join us for a book klub, check it out in The Book Corner.

Glad you are here!
Linda

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome!!  This board is so helpful and addictive.  LOL

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome...yes it is addictive...I just noticed my total time logged in...4 days, 1 hour and 3 minutes...Wow...I need to get a life.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Sweets - nice to have you here!  I have the dtb of Twilight that someone gave me that I have not gotten to reading yet, too many kindle books!!!  :(

You will like this group of folks - nice and friendly.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, BWS -

Glad you acted on your hunch & "larked" you way here  ;)

This is a fun community of people who are passionate about reading and Kindles and so much more.

That is one of the benefits of being here - you get exposed to a lot of different books, some of which you might not have considered otherwise.  Will you be joining any of the book clubs?

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello bws_sweets and welcome to KB! I also came over here from KindleBoards on November 1st and never looked back! Glad you are here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts