Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SRecht said:
Very nice. Congrats!
(And it's a nice plug for self-publishing)
Thanks to all for the congratulations!

Yes, I really wanted to give readers some idea of what was going on with self-publishing as well as pimping my book. I was very happy with the author's rendition of my experience.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats, Jan. Great article! I really like the last quote from you:

"“With ‘The Summer We Lost Alice,’ I wanted to begin with a downer premise — the disappearance of a young girl — and write a novel that, ultimately, would be uplifting and edifying. Although I deal with dark subjects, at heart I’m a cockeyed optimist and romantic who believes that all works out for the best in the end, in fiction, if not in life.”

It certainly makes me want to read your novel, and I bet a lot of people who read that newspaper article are intrigued as well. Hope it brings you a lot of sales.

On a side note, local press is where it's at for those of us who can't yet hope for national press! I recommend everyone here make a press release to send out locally. I saw the results myself with my recent St. Augustine book sales... one local newspaper article helped me sell a lot of books.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
That is a really nice write up. A lot more ooomph than what I so often see.

I'll bet you'll see a nice little bump from that. A friend of mine got a nice write up on the front page of our *very* small town paper, and her ranking jumped from the mid 20,000s to the 3-4,000s and she's managed to hold on there for a few days.

Congrats!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.