Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my kindle for three days, and I'm totally loving it!

Question for you guys. Bear in mind I have seen NONE of the movies that followed some of these.
AUTHOR:
Nicholas Sparks
TITLES:
A Walk to Remember
Message in a Bottle
Nights in Rodanthe
The Notebook

Two questions-- which title, if any, is the best read? Second, are any of these stories related to each other and require reading in a
particular order?
Thanks in advance for your feedback!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I've only read A Walk To Remember. I liked it, and also liked the movie. There are some differences between the two, but that doesn't matter.

As far as I know, none of his books are related - but I could be wrong on that.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
iamc said:

Question for you guys. Bear in mind I have seen NONE of the movies that followed some of these.
AUTHOR:
Nicholas Sparks
TITLES:
A Walk to Remember
Message in a Bottle
Nights in Rodanthe
The Notebook

Two questions-- which title, if any, is the best read? Second, are any of these stories related to each other and require reading in a
particular order?
Congrats on your first post iamc and welcome to Kindlboards! Go to the Intro/Welcome boards and tell us more about yourself, where do you live, what type books do you like? Check out The Book Corner and Accessories. We have bookclubs starting in Jan. :) Feel free to ask any questions. I haven't read Sparks but I'm sure you will get answers shortly.

Linda

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello iamc and welcome! I haven't read any of these, but I have purchased Message in a Bottle and am looking forward to reading it. I don't believe any of these are related and can be read in any order.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi iamc. I have seen Message in a Bottle and A Walk to Remember. Both of these were great movies, but I haven't read the books. I have read 3 or 4 of his books, and they are wonderful. None of them are related, so don't worry about the order you read them. They are all set in North Carolina, and I guess I enjoy them since I live in NC and know a lot of the places talked about.

Oh yes, welcome to the boards and congrats on your new toy.

G

·
LR has read them all except Rodanthe I think. She finally got tired of Sparks. I'll call her and try to get her to weigh in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, you guys totally rock. Thank you for the welcome and the feedback on those books....and for such quick replies.
I'll be spending plenty of time here  :):)

G

·
Just got off the phone with LR.  She'll be offering her opinion soon.

All I can tell you is that they are all unrelated.

G

·
Yes, I have read all of these except "Nights". I have also read Bend in the Road. Of these four, I think I liked The Notebook the best. I was drawn to both "Walk" and "Message" for personal reasons. Walk to Remember had a heroine I could relate to and Message in a Bottle had a character named Theresa. (I am always drawn in when I see that spelling. Most people spell it wrong.)

"Notebook" was the best written of the four I have read. IMO, YMMV. I quickly tired of Sparks because he is a bit formulaic and tends to be very sappy. For a similar type of book, I much prefer Robert James Waller's Bridges of Madison County. (Which you can get on Kindle for $5.59.)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
Yes, I have read all of these except "Nights". I have also read Bend in the Road. Of these four, I think I liked The Notebook the best. I was drawn to both "Walk" and "Message" for personal reasons. Walk to Remember had a heroine I could relate to and Message in a Bottle had a character named Theresa. (I am always drawn in when I see that spelling. Most people spell it wrong.)

"Notebook" was the best written of the four I have read. IMO, YMMV. I quickly tired of Sparks because he is a bit formulaic and tends to be very sappy. For a similar type of book, I much prefer Robert James Waller's Bridges of Madison County. (Which you can get on Kindle for $5.59.)
I have read and watched Bridges of Madison County 6 times, it is one of my all time favorite. I think Clint Eastwood and Merryl Strepe (sp?) did a fantastic job in the movie. LR you just reminded me I must get the Kindle book.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
iamc said:

AUTHOR:
Nicholas Sparks
TITLES:
A Walk to Remember
Message in a Bottle
Nights in Rodanthe
The Notebook

particular order?
Welcome, Iamc, you've already experienced some of the best of Kindleboards--we love answering questions. Sometimes we even give the right answers, LOL! Lots of book recommendations here in the Book Corner, free books, bargain books, favorite books! AND we're going to have book clubs starting in January!

Thanks for posting!

Betsy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah, "Bridges"....I had forgotten about that one.

Looks like I'm headed to the store, right from my couch, snicker.

You guys are very kind!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts