Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Congrats for your great success! I have to say though that what you've done with your title: "Catch Your Death (For fans of Dan Brown & Stieg Larsson)" Seems like a pretty cringe-worthy practice much like people tagging their names on other people's books and one author adding the fake co-author names of Amanda Locke and John Hocking to try and weasel into their search results. Are you sure what you're doing is ethical?

I'd also hazard a guess that it's not particularly effective based on the US ranking. Don't you think you're likely to annoy more readers than you get?

I'll say that I sometimes include the genre in my title, but that seems different than going right after one or two people.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi foreverjuly - we honestly aren't trying to fool anyone, just let them know what kind of book it is; I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think it has impacted sales - it's more that people who bought the first one liked it and bought the new one in a burst. And you're right - we have hardly sold any in the US!

·
Registered
586 Posts
foreverjuly said:
Congrats for your great success! I have to say though that what you've done with your title: "Catch Your Death (For fans of Dan Brown & Stieg Larsson)" Seems like a pretty cringe-worthy practice much like people tagging their names on other people's books and one author adding the fake co-author names of Amanda Locke and John Hocking to try and weasel into their search results. Are you sure what you're doing is ethical?

I'd also hazard a guess that it's not particularly effective based on the US ranking. Don't you think you're likely to annoy more readers than you get?

I'll say that I sometimes include the genre in my title, but that seems different than going right after one or two people.
Does seem a bit naughty. Going to put for fans of Albert Fish and Ed Gein on mine. What do you think

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Congratulations!  :D

As a US person, maybe those names in the title are part of why you aren't selling over here.  I know my first thought on seeing it is that it's a cheap grab for marketing purposes.  (Not saying you intended it that way, but that's how I feel when someone does that.)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts