Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that on some Kindle books, that Amazon is not including an image of the book cover. The "Go to Cover" link just goes to what I would call a title page. Anyone else notice this? I really enjoy looking at the cover. Anyone else miss this? I sent a email to Customer Service, but haven't received a reply.

Love the Kindle anyway!
Tritryst

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've only noticed this on free public domain books.  Part of the "What do you expect for nothing" principle.

Is this the type of the Kbook you are referring to?

Also, Amazon is only the middleman here.  They don't produce any of the Kbooks.  Just sell them.

And welcome.  Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I just bought the new Anne Bishop book  "The Shadow Queen" and it didn't have a cover image.

Tritryst

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hmm, did you mention book and author in your email to C/S?  Hopefully they have forwarded your request to the Publisher and they will fix it and notify you and allow you to redownload fixed file.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I misstated Amazon. I should have said the publisher didn't include a cover image. I was more trying to get an idea of how widespread it was the the publisher doesn't include an image of the book cover.

It wasn't only the Anne Bishop book I have noticed this on. I have purchased several books that didn't have the cover image.

Tritryst

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
From the publishing end...when I get around to formatting our books for the Kindle, I probably won't include the cover image. Since the formatting will be done from the original source file, there is no cover image. To insert one after the fact doesn't take much, but by then it's a "why bother?" kind of thing. There's also the additional oompf to the file size; the text itself is a tiny file, but add a cover image, and it can bloat to 30-50MB.

My laziness saves storage space on your Kindle. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thumper said:
My laziness saves storage space on your Kindle. ;)
But I have an orginial kindle so practically limitless storage space ;D

Guess I'll just have to add my own cover images!

T

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
The choice to include or exclude a cover image for Kindle versions is the publisher's. Publishers of big books will usually chose not to include a cover image simply because the file size is already quite large. My books, for example, are 600 to 800 pages and they already take longer than most to download so I opted not to include cover art.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Tritryst said:
But I have an orginial kindle so practically limitless storage space ;D

Guess I'll just have to add my own cover images!

T
How does one modify an Amazon Kbook and add a cover image?

I can get the cover image. What do I do once I have it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts