Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question  :-\  Why are some of the Amazon Kindle books missing a Table of Contents and the Cover?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Adele said:
I have a question :-\ Why are some of the Amazon Kindle books missing a Table of Contents and the Cover?
Well, I can't answer your question but I have to say that although I have no problem with no cover since I seldom look at it, I DO like a table of contents.

patrisha

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I have noticed this on some books also. I like having a TOC so I wish that was always included. The cover art isn't as big of a problem for me but I do like to have it.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I had never before realized how much readers wanted book covers included with their kindle books until I read some disgruntled posts on this forum. But they are right. Regardless of whatever format a book is published (DTB's or ebook), it just makes sense that it should be standard to include a book cover. I think the excuse often used that kindle owners don't want image files eating up thier memory is just an excuse to cut corners.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Kevis Hendrickson said:
I had never before realized how much readers wanted book covers included with their kindle books until I read some disgruntled posts on this forum. But they are right. Regardless of whatever format a book is published (DTB's or ebook), it just makes sense that it should be standard to include a book cover. I think the excuse often used that kindle owners don't want image files eating up thier memory is just an excuse to cut corners.
To be honest I've never even looked at any of the covers on Kindle eds & it doesn't bother me at all.

Regarding TOC - for a short book, I can live without it. For longer books (600+ pages in paper format) a TOC for Kindle is very nice to have.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'm going to guess the truth of the matter is that it's a pain in the you-know-what to include a cover and ToC. It's really just a matter of the proper html coding (and uploading, for the cover), but that's over the heads of a lot of folks. And Amazon doesn't make it easy what with all the uploading you have to do to check all the coding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts