Kindle Forum banner

No Kindle in Canada

824 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Anju  
#1 ·
Will someone please give me hope? I long to buy and use a Kindle, but they are not available in Canada. When will I be able to have one and stop lugging three weeks worth of books around in my suitcase when I travel?

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, I hear ya. I wish the Kindle was available already in other parts of the world, too. I'm in Australia and recently just purchased a used Kindle 1 from eBay. Before that, I'd been using the Kindle app on the iPhone to read books I purchased on Amazon by using gift certificates I sent to myself. It works just fine. I recommend doing this if you really have need for the Kindle (and in your case, as a traveller, it sounds like you definitely do). Of course, you won't have access to WhisperNet and you'll need a computer to transfer the eBooks, but it does the job until Amazon are able to bring the Kindle to other parts of the world.

#5 ·
I have a friend that lives in Thailand and she reads most of her books on the Iphone even though she has a kindle.  Downloads them just fine to her phone.  I don't have an iphone so I use my kindle, think I would anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.