Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!

I've been lurking for a few weeks now and finally decided to register and join you fine group of people. ;D Hopefully ya'll won't kick me to the curb in a week or so. LOL

Here's a little info on me:

I live in Virginia Beach now but I am originally from the Lynchburg area of VA. I love all animals and I am currently owned by a mob of spoiled rotten cats. I am the proud wife of a career military man. He's been at it for 21 years now. I am interested in many things but the one thing that takes up a lot of my time is the study of the paranormal. There's nothing like a good ghost hunt to make you question the endless possibilities of life and death.

Last but not least I am the proud owner of a Kindle 2 as of about three weeks ago. To call this little gadget addictive and awesome would be an understatement. I cannot tell ya'll how much I LOVE it.

So, that's about it for me for now. I look forward to getting to know ya'll and I'll thank you in advance for allowing me become a part of what appears to be a wonderful online forum.  ;D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome aboard!

You got that right, it is a wonderful community here full of wonderful people. Not to mention all the enablers. Within days of joining, I'd already picked out a skin and decided on a cover. Damn you guys... I mean.. THANK you guys... :D

In all seriousness though, just fire away if you have any questions or need advice. Everyone's happy to help here. ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Welcome!  Careful now this board can become addictive.  You may spend more time on here than reading on your Kindle.  Congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, evpseeker! Glad you found KindleBoards!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Serkker - we've got cat lovers, military wives and military men and military folks, folks from VA here, in fact they are putting together another East Coast meet, heck out Not Quite Kindle Thread for more info.

Nice to have you here.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Welcome, evpseeker!

I currently live in Lynchburg & my daughter lives in VA Beach. 

I lurked for awhile before I joined also - this site is a tremendous source of information on all things Kindle, especially books and accessories.  And coffee/tea makers, netbooks, Nintendo game systems, even Kitchen Aid mixers....

No one here will kick you to the curb.  But the enablers here will try to draw you into their ranks.  Hide your credit card before you spend much time in the Accessories or Not Quite Kindle boards.  :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Ya'll rock!  ;) And thanks for the warnings about the enablers. I've seen them do their dirty work.  :D I will have to check out the thread about the east coast meets. Thanks for the heads up Anju.

I hope to one day live back in the Lynchburg area lynninva. Maybe in Amherst or Nelson Co. I really want to be out in the country and far away from a big city with all of it's ppl. Living in VAB has really made me miss the peace and privacy of living in the country.

Off to poke around the board now!  ;)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Welcome. I've been here since the beginning of April and people really are friendly, and there are a huge number of topics on the Not Quite Kindle forum, which I've found to be great fun. As someone else mentioned, this place can be quite addictive, which is why I'm not here everyday. Otherwise, I'd never get anything done.  :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts