Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know when this happened but I've only just missed it.

It used to be that when people put up a review of an item on Amazon, others could comment on that review. I don't remember if I ever commented myself, but I used to like reading other peoples reactions to reviews.

Now, the only two choices under each review is to mark it as 'helpful' or 'report abuse'. No option to comment. When did this happen? And why? And what's happened to all those millions of comments added previously?

Or is it just me? Can anyone else see an option to comment on a review?

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
No idea how long it's been that way -- I suspect it has been some time. BUT .... while I do scan the reviews, I have rarely looked at any comments on them. So I'm not really sure.

I guess my next reaction would be: what is the purpose in commenting on a review? If you agree with it, great; If you disagree with it, go ahead and write your own review that says what you think. I'd only mark something helpful if it gave useful information that helped me decide whether or not to buy -- either positive or negative.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I have seen discussions of problems or strong points of products in the comments. Some were even worthwhile!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I have often commented on Amazon reviews. I didn't know it changed.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I have often wanted to comment on reviews but couldn't see a way to do it without starting a new comment. I use Amason reviews a lot!

Hi Claw!!!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I just randomly clicked on an item from a pending order, and there’s still an option to comment on reviews. Maybe it was temporarily unavailable?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Vinny OHare said:
I noticed also last week. I can't wait for the day to get rid of reviews. That day will be coming.
Reviews are not going away.

I was also able to access commenting on reviews after I read this here.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Interesting!

I agree reviews won't go away.

I still am not sure I completely understand wanting to comment -- but that's o.k.

I just checked two items I recently ordered -- one a physical item and one an ebook. Neither has the option to comment on reviews, even if I click and read a particular review.

So: amazon weirdness continues. :D

·
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And ..... the comments are back.

I can only assume it was a temporary glitch in the matrix....  ;D

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
I look at reviews and some of them are very useful even in using the product. I had problem with printer and someone suggested the solution. I hardly look at comments on the reviews unless there is some reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts