Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( I just called customer service because I wanted to know if my ship date would be changed (hopefully moved up) by the new estimated ship dates. She told me it would not change and that the current 4 - 6 week window means there will be 4 to 6 weeks from now before shipments resume. She said they aren't shipping anything right now because they're still waiting for them and they won't be sending any out until the end of February.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm guessing they will give outstanding orders the option of Kindle 1 or Kindle 2 with some sort of pricing variation and offer.  That's probably why they've halted shipping for now.  Just a guess.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I have tried to read all the threads about the announcements, etc.  But I'm wondering, has Amazon or some completely reliable source, reported a K2?  Or is this all just supposition?
Just wondering.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drenee said:
I have tried to read all the threads about the announcements, etc. But I'm wondering, has Amazon or some completely reliable source, reported a K2? Or is this all just supposition?
Just wondering.
I think it's mostly speculation. I just want my K1!! I was hoping the wait was almost over but I guess it isn't.

·
Registered
736 Posts
drenee said:
I have tried to read all the threads about the announcements, etc. But I'm wondering, has Amazon or some completely reliable source, reported a K2? Or is this all just supposition?
Just wondering.
It's strong speculation at this point. Nothing official. I'm sure some journalists have an inside ear, as this has been pretty solidly reported in some reputable newspapers, but officially still speculation.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I'm not sure what all of the hold up is on shipping, but I ordered mine on November 25th, had a ship date of feb/march, but received it a few days before Christmas.  I'm not sure that anyone has actually had to wait the entire predicted time. 
Got my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
ouch...that is a long time. 

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Dazlyn said:
It looks like nobody that ordered after Nov 29th has received their Kindle.
Some of us who ordered on Nov 29th are still waiting. Sometimes it feels as if I am in one of the first cars in line watching the long freight train cross the road. As DH and I are model railroaders, we do not usually mind watching the train when we are near the front of the line. It is not quite the same waiting for the freight shipment of the Kindle! ::)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Arrrrgh!  :-[

I have sympathy for those waiting since late November.  if I just ordered yesterday and I'm frustrated, how must you guys feel?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Annalog said:
Some of us who ordered on Nov 29th are still waiting. Sometimes it feels as if I am in one of the first cars in line watching the long freight train cross the road. As DH and I are model railroaders, we do not usually mind watching the train when we are near the front of the line. It is not quite the same waiting for the freight shipment of the Kindle! ::)
Okay, if only l could buy a plane to fly over the stupid train to get my K.

Grrr,
LSbookend

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
nelamvr6 said:
Arrrrgh! :-[

I have sympathy for those waiting since late November. if I just ordered yesterday and I'm frustrated, how must you guys feel?
Well, speaking for myself, I feel like crap and am anxious!! I find myself checking my amazon account minimum 2x a day and reading these boards like a fiend cause I refuse to buy another DTB!! REFUSE, I say!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, I am turning into a Kindlemaniac.  ;D  I found out in early December that I was getting my Kindle for Christmas, but that the ship date would not be until late February.  Then, I heard that many people were receiving their Kindles before Christmas even with a later ship date.  I kept hoping, hoping, and hoping ........... no Kindle yet.  Now I spend all my time reading these boards and anything else about Kindle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts