Kindle Forum banner

No subcategories?

338 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Philip Gibson
My book, Where Darkness Dwells, is doing well, sitting in the #6400 range, but it has no subcategories listed.  Any ideas what's wrong?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
when I checked. The following sub categories showed up at the bottom of the books page

Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction
Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror

See less See more
Glen Krisch said:
My book, Where Darkness Dwells, is doing well, sitting in the #6400 range, but it has no subcategories listed. Any ideas what's wrong?
When you set up your main categories, did you drill down and select some sub-sub-categories? You need to do this if you want your book page to display your book in any of the sub-categories best seller lists.

In order for your book to appear in the top 100 of your main category of Historical Fiction (and therefore display on your book page) the book would need an overall ranking of better than #1,800 in the overall paid store. That equates to selling roughly 80 copies per day.

Look at the sub-categories of Historical Fiction to the left of this page and see if you can get listed in some of those.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store-Historical-Fiction/zgbs/digital-text/157059011/ref=zg_bs_nav_kstore_3_157028011#5

Philip
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.