Today's Free App of the Day is Pipe Puzzle - Premium
Originally $0.99

This was previously the Free App of the Day in July 2014. It's a good game, so if you missed it, I recommend it. It's a puzzle game where you have to lay down tiles to figure out a route connecting pipes. The games get progressively more difficult, involving multiple pipes, different kinds of intersections. You are given a set of pipes to work from and get stars for finding the best solution. You want to use as few pipes as possible. If you don't get three stars, that means there is a more elegant solution. One irritating thing to me is that tapping "menu" from within the game takes you to the home screen, not the "choose the level" screen, so you have to tap on Start to go to the levels if you want to go back to the last level, for example, to see if you can improve your score. It plays in either portrait mode and in airplane mode. Very clean app with no spyware. The only complaint is that it will repeatedly ask for reviews unless you say you will--you don't have to actually do the review, just click on the rate button and then use the back button to return to the game without rating. I give this app four stars; it loses one star because of the nagging, which really isn't necessary and has probably hurt them more than helped, as most of the one stars cite this.

330 of 443 reviews are four stars and above.

Compatibility of apps varies. To tell if an app works for your Fire tablet or other Android device registered to your Amazon account, click on the above link and look on the right side of the web page for the "compatible devices" link.

Have fun!

Also check out the other digital deals from Amazon, including great deals on MP3s and videos: