Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I work in IT, this bugs me, but I'm hoping that I just have missed it in the past.  I am on Kindle 2, v 2.0.3 (327610024).  I plugged in my Kindle this morning while I was reading and was distracted by the battery graphic flashing; its going from the icon that has the lightening bolt to the one that shows me how much battery I have left.  I don't recall seeing this in the past.  Am I going crazy?

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Since the lightning bolt symbol indicates that the battery is being charged, my best guess would be that there was a slightly loose connection somewhere in the connection between the Kindle and the power plug (or the PC if connected by USB), so that the charging signal to the Kindle was sporadic. (I suppose that worst case would be that there is a loose wire within the cable or one of the connectors that should be replaced, but hopefully it was just a case of a not fully seated plug.)

This is all just speculation and educated(?) guessing on my part, so do not take it as the only possible answer. :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great educated guess, btw.  I moved to another outlet and problem gone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts