Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received an email from KDP as follows:

"Congratulations! You have qualified for a KDP Select All-Star bonus for the month of February.

To further reward the books that are most popular with our customers, we recently introduced KDP Select All-Star bonuses, based on what KDP Select (KDPS) titles and authors are being read the most.

The following author qualified for a bonus:

John Ellsworth |  $1,000

We determine ‘most-read’ rankings by combining books sold plus qualified borrows from Kindle Unlimited (KU) and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) during the month on Amazon.com. Calculations include only titles that are enrolled in KDP Select during the period.

The payment schedule and payment method is the same as your other sales from KDP. You will receive your bonus approximately sixty (60) days following the end of the calendar month during which applicable sales occur."

I should probably split the money with Bookbub, whose February promo sold 2800 of my books.

One thing I know: if I can do this self-publishing thing, anyone can. When I got here I knew zip about marketing books. But after reading Viola, Wayne, Rosalind, Nick, Mark, Russell, EAW, Annie, Patty and others, it's all starting to make sense to me.

Write, publish repeat.

We can do this!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Awesome! Congrats, John! You worked hard for that, I can assure you! :)

Guess there's money in legal thrillers. I was thinking about writing one myself, with a romantic spin.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anniejocoby said:
Awesome! Congrats, John! You worked hard for that, I can assure you! :)

Guess there's money in legal thrillers. I was thinking about writing one myself, with a romantic spin.
Definitely you should, Annie. I have lots of readers wanting to know more about MC and his wife, kids, kids' dating, etc.

Do it and sell a million bazillion!

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Congratulations.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts