Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking at designs for a skin but saw NoKey mentioned and saw them on the Invisible Defenders site.

The design I like there comes in both and I think I like the NoKey better....what are people's experiences with NoKey?...in this brand or others? How is functionality? I saw some people were concerned about the adhesives pulling off the letters, but were answered with positives.

I wish I could post the design here for your comments....but ID uses frames and I cant even figure out how to post a link much less a pic.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love, love, love my NOKEY skin! I put it on when I first got my Kindle in Feb. and still enjoy looking at it every day. Makes the lettering on the keyboard so much easier to see too. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I had a NOKEY from InvisibleDefenders for several months & liked it.  May end up getting another in the matte finish.  I removed it because it totally clashed with my new cover  - & had no issues with adhesive residue or impact on the key markings.  The design I had was an allover abstract, so the keys were pretty well camouflaged, as the markings were in one of the colors of the design.  (I liked that the keyboard was less obvious).  If you use the keyboard a lot, though, it makes those keys a little harder to press (say, if you do word puzzles or make notes a lot).  Didn't have that issue with the 5-way or page forward/back keys since their covers are cut out.  So far I'm liking my Kindle naked under the cover.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
At this time I believe Invisible Defenders is the only company making the Nokey skins and they've recently added a Matte finish to their selection, which is nice.  I've heard lots of nice things about the Nokey skins, it seems everybody who has one is very pleased with it.  It really appeals to me because I don't like the look of the graphite keys on my Kindle, but I currently have a skin that I love and just am not ready to change it out yet.  If Invisible Defenders had a Design-your-own feature for the NoKeys, I probably would do it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the Nokey, and absolutely would recommend it to anyone.  I like the fact that it completely covers the key area, which keeps anything from getting between the keys, (dust does happen).  I just wish they would have sales like some of the competitors.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a nokey on my Kindle and like it a lot.  I'm getting close to taking it off and trying a new design soon.  I'm so fickle.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The NoKey skins were something I was kinda skeptical about.  But, after getting one on a major discount, I realized that I really didn't have anything to worry about.  They're rather slick and look good.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ack! I'm getting close to a decision and I cant figure out how to post pics/links to the one I'm leaning towards on the ID site. It comes in matte and both versions...NOKey and 'holes'.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, here's the NOKey one that I like. My only hesitation with this is that the gray color may not provide enough contrast between the skin and the screen. I had been looking for just a solid color, but this is still subtle & not distracting.

What do ya'll think?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts