Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience writing this type of book proposal?  I've had an agent request one from me and I've written it, but I am in unfamiliar territory so any advice or resources I could use to make sure it is the best it can be would be very helpful.

Also, if there are an editors/proof readers you can recommend that specialize in this area, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've written several in my capacity as a writer and have coached others in putting them together in my capacity as a writing coach. I'd be happy to give it a look if you are looking for a second opinion.

My wife, Dawn, runs Tighterwriting.com (see the post here and does an excellent job proofing/editing for decent rates.

-Joe

·
Registered
327 Posts
Daphne, since you ask, I reply by saying I write and edit both non-fiction and fiction. If you send me your first chapter in Ms Word, I will edit it free. In my experience non-fiction editors are especially interested in an author's qualifications re the subject. Factual errors are usually avoided by personal expertise in the book's subject area, or using a knowledgeable beta reader. Extensive research is always a plus, as are other books or articles on the subject. Good luck!

Phil Duke Ph.D.  :)
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I used Elizabeth Lyon's Nonfiction Proposals Anyone Can Write, and my proposal was accepted by 3 agents. The book gives some great step-by-step instructions as well as examples of winning proposals. It was very valuable.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KayBratt said:
Let me know if you'd like to see how my proposal turned out. I'd be glad to let you use it as a model. I don't think I'll be needing it ever again!
I would love to see it! I haven't found very much in the way of helpful examples. Would email work? You can email me here: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
daphne dangerlove said:
I would love to see it! I haven't found very much in the way of helpful examples. Would email work? You can email me here: [email protected]
I sent it! Good luck. Proposals are tough. You don't want to rush them, but even if you set up the outline (adding notes to what goes in each section) and then go back and fill it in with content, that will help you create a more rounded and complete proposal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts