Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been craving some good survival, end-of-the-world books lately. Any recommendations? The SAS survival guide is, of course, awesome, but also some ultra paranoid ones are good, too. And, sensible ones. Really, you know, anything :)

I'm looking to pick up a few and I don't care if they are available in ebook or print only.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't have any suggestions but the subject does sound interesting. I always thought I would like to be dropped off in the middle of nowhere with a few basics just to see if I could make it back to civilization. But since I haven't any survival skills other than common sense, I probably wouldn't make it too far! LOL.
Sure wish I could go back about 20 years and try some of the things I wish I would have done...

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quillhill said:
Ms. Ball, I would suggest the how-to books by Kurt Saxon (James Bond series and Survivor series). If you want a true tale of survival, read Endurance or other books about Shackleton's Antarctic expedition.
Hello Mr. Hill ;)

I read Shackleton in university! It was great. There's a similar book called "The Lure of the Labrador Wild". Similar style. Outstanding.

I really love "prepare for the end" kinda books. Kurt Saxon, huh? Will check this out, too!

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
susan67 said:
Sure wish I could go back about 20 years and try some of the things I wish I would have done...
It's never too late! Start with your back yard and move up from there 8) (i'm serious....best way to prep yourself for winter camping, esp in my neighbour where's it's -30C regularly, is to camp out in the backyard to make sure all of your gear works :) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts