Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met with David today. He's the guy who manages our little offering that opens up ACX for non-US writers.

We started the program in January of 2014, so it's been just over a 14 months.

You can read the particulars here: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,173413.0.html

-In that time, David has processed just over 400 payments for non-US writers.
-There are over 100 authors signed up.
-David says that he still gets 5-10 emails per month asking about the service.
-In all that time, and all those transactions, there have only been two reported issues. One client took it upon themselves to change their profile, and ACX stopped sending payments. This has now been resolved. The second, as I hear it, is ongoing and still a mystery as to why ACX won't send a check.

David informed me that the "WC bunch" are the nicest of people he's ever worked with. He fully expected a group of "nervous Nellies," but that hasn't been the case.

"Those writers are very professional. Not what I expected at all," is about an exact quote.

Thank you all for treating David well. But, more importantly, thanks to you guys and David for making this run so smoothly. I've not had to get involved once, nor have I heard a single discouraging word from the writer's side. I don't even know who's using the service, which sums up how well it's been functioning.

It's been a win-win for everyone, and I hope it continues to benefit all.

·
Registered
450 Posts
You are a legend, sir. I have finally started to upload my files.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Super cool. I emailed David a few days back and accidentally sent him my property tax info, copyright pages, and the signed agreement. Blasted select all...

Just wanted to give a public thank you for the service. Don't think ACX will ever open to Canada so this is fantastic.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thank you for posting this update. I did not know that you were offering this service and had resigned myself to waiting interminably for ACX to open things up for Canadians. Well done.

On a side note; does anyone know why ACX limits itself to US & UK based authors? Is it a rights or licensing issue?

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Joe shoehorned me into ACX just in time to hoover up all my books on the old 50% escalating deal. He is directly responsible (yes, his fault) that all my books came out in audio last year and doubled my income. Luckliy, David never told him. He might have doubled his rates! Heheheheeheh  :p

·
Registered
450 Posts
I uploaded all my files yesterday, not I just have to wait for ACX's QA checks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts