Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the longest period of time you have gone without touching your Kindle?

I don't think I've even had a full 24 hours without touching my K since I bought it last October.

Steve

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I went a good 48-50 hours without touching mine--but then I was working on formatting books for the Kindle...

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Same as you. I haven't been able to not pick it up and read since I have had it. I have always read everyday, so I can't imagine not picking it up and reading for an extended length of time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
15 hours maybe but never more than that.

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
During 6-8 hours of sleep a night would be the longest stretch since July 2008 (and lots of time falling asleep while holding it so technically still touching till morning)!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Neversleepsawink;) (#1071) said:
A whole weekend, I made it a whole weekend with out my Kindle.
So far you're the winner (or maybe the loser, depending on how you look at it). :)

Steve

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sometimes (last night for instance) I will wake up in the middle of the evening and wonder where I have put it. I'm always afraid the cat is going to use my cover as a scratching post. I will frantically hide it in a drawer or something, and then I can sleep again in peace. The longest I have made it was a week actually, I was really busy with work that week (getting home well after midnight) and too exhausted to read when I got home. Typically, however, I will only go a couple of hours without touching it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Longest stretch would be whenever I'm sleeping in. Even at work I take it out at lunch..

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Eight to ten hours is the longest I have gone.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Put it on my bedside table before I fall asleep, carry it downstairs with me when I wake in the morning.  It is normally within site pretty much all of the time.
deb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts