Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! It's my favorite people! ;)

The first book in my series, Acorn 666, has been sent off to beta readers for final look overs and feedback. I'm going the serial route, doing smaller installments of the story every 2 weeks. The second book is almost done and ready for the editor/beta readers first look, and the 3rd book is about 25% done.

I'm releasing the first book on the 23rd, possibly sooner, if I can get a good turnaround on the second book's edits.

They're all going to average 20k words.

Questions:

1. What should I price these at individually? I'm stuck between 99 cents and 1.99, but I've heard horror stories about 1.99.
2. When the second book comes out, I'm doing a free promo on the first book for the 5 days. When the third book comes out, I'm making the first book permafree. Does this sound like a good plan?
3. Each "season"/collection of books is going to be 5-7 books in length. What's a good price for bundling these together?
4. Should I write in the description that the book is serialized and new episodes come out every two weeks?

Thanks,
Mr. Nervous.  :eek:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Either way, I think I'd say 99c, if only because readers will probably expect a finished story for anything more than that.  Although at that price, going select could actually be a good move, since you'll get at least a dollar more on borrows than you will from sales.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts