Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10,493 Posts
I've read/heard a number of times that the best way to get a song out of your head is to sing through the whole song.

Personally, that's never worked for me, probably because I never know the lyrics, just the tune.  ::)

· Registered
10,493 Posts
Susan in VA said:
I think what works is to go find it -- on CD, tape, vinyl, anything -- and listen to it all the way through. Helps me whenever I get stuck.
Except that it's usually not a song I actually like. Most of the time when I get one stuck in my head it's some stupid song I would never own. :eek:

· Registered
10,493 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
O.K. Here's further distraction: Did you know you can sing the theme from Gilligan's Island to the tune of Amazing Grace and vice versa? Go ahead. . . .try it. . . . .
Did you know you can play the tune of "Amazing Grace" on the piano using just the black keys, because it uses a pentatonic scale? (Start with Db to Gb if you're a glass half empty person, or C# to F# if a glass half full type.)

Did you know I figured that out one night while lying in bed with the tune of "Amazing Grace" repeatedly going through my head? :)

· Registered
10,493 Posts
Code:
     I got the horse right here
     The name is Paul Revere
     And here's a guy that says that the weather's clear
     Can do, can do, this guy says the horse can do
     If he says the horse can do, can do, can do.
Here's where it gets frustrating, because I can't sing (even just in my head) both parts at once. :)

(Bonus points to whoever can name this song without a web search.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.