Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this e-mail:

Dear PostPoints Member,

On July 14, the #1 New York Times bestselling sensation Nora Roberts will make a special public appearance at The Washington Post. Roberts has authored such celebrated titles as Bed of Roses, Black Hills, and Vision in White. PostPoints is offering members and their guests a unique chance to meet this acclaimed writer at a rare lunchtime Book Talk & Signing. After the Book Talk, Nora Roberts will be autographing books purchased at the event.

Save the date for Tuesday, July 14, 12-2pm. PostPoints members and their guests will enjoy FREE admission to this very special event. Non-member admission is $5. To RSVP, log in to your account at washingtonpost.com/postpoints and click on "Contests & Events."
The event will be held at The Washington Post, 1150 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC, 20071.

If you live in the DC area and are a fan, you might want to check it out. I'll be in Kentucky that week.

"PostPoints" is a reward system for subscribing to the newspaper and buying things at certain sponsoring stores. If you're not a member it's pretty easy to become one, especially if you subscribe to the Post. But I'm guessing you can show up and get in for $5.
PostPoints

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
We have a DC meet up that day, but if folks would rather go meet an author that would be totally understanable. 
deb

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh!  right!  I forgot about that. . .  The only attention I paid to the date was to notice it was during the week I'll be out of the area anyway. 

Still maybe some folks who can't make it as far as Reston would want to go into DC. . . . .

·
Registered
918 Posts
How I would love to go.

·
Registered
364 Posts
She's there because the next day is the first day of the Romance Writers of America annual national conference. It's being held at the Marriott Wardman Park.

Wednesday night 7/15 is the national Literacy Autographing, open to the public. Here's a little more info about it:

The "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing has become one of the most popular events at RWA's annual conference. More than 500 romance authors participate in this two-hour autographing event, and each year we raise thousands of dollars, which are donated to ProLiteracy Worldwide. Since 1991, RWA has donated more than $600,000 to literacy charities.

The 2009 "Readers for Life" Literacy Autographing takes place on Wednesday, July 15, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Exhibit Hall. This event is open to the public; there is no admittance charge. Sales of books purchased at the event go to literacy charities, and we ask that you purchase books at the autographing rather than bring copies you already own.

You can find the *huge* list of authors participating here:
http://www.rwanational.org/cs/literacy_autographing

No Kindle books, unfortunately, but if you are in the area and have a favorite author -- Kindle or no -- it's quite an experience to attend.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I will still be going to the Kindle meet in Reston.
But I am "bumping" this thread because if you LOVE Nora Roberts, it would be an opportunity.
The post put a whole page ad in today's Express (special little paper for Metrorail riders).
The details were all in Ann's post.

Would point out that it is a Book Talk - RSVP'ed persons can enjoy.
And followed by a signing - hope everyone that wants a signed copy can get one.

And FREE for PostPoints members - $5.00 for others.

A don't miss for ardent Nora Roberts fans.

I will still be going to Reston......

Just sayin......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts