Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decided between the Noreve Ambition cover in Chestnut, and the Marware Eco-Flip cover.  They are just so different. 

I'd really like to see pictures of the Noreve Ambition line.  Their stock photos just don't do it for me, and there are no pictures of the covers in their Ambition leather!  I like the design of Noreve's covers, but needs pictures.  Also, does the magnet closure seem secure?

I also like the Eco-Flip by Marware but am worried about the closure, and the quality of the material.  Does it scratch easily like soft leather?  I currently use an M-edge prodigy cover, and it constantly slides open because the tab closure isn't very tight.  The leather anlost scratches very easily. I'm afraid that the Marware covers will have these problems. 

Help me decide, please.  I'm not normally this indecisive!  :-[

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm very little help here. The only thing I can say is, yes, I feel the magnetic closure for the Noreve is very secure. It definitely takes a little bit of a tug, but it's not difficult to pull apart. I'd think it would be pretty difficult to have it accidentally unsnap. Maybe someone else whose had theirs longer has a different story, though.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
308 Posts
The marware eco-flip is a very well made case. If you use the elastic band to close it, it will be very secure. And the materials used give it a grain leather type of look and the inside feels like suede. It doesn't scratch very easily like smooth leather. Atleast that has been my experience.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lisanr said:
The marware eco-flip is a very well made case. If you use the elastic band to close it, it will be very secure. And the materials used give it a grain leather type of look and the inside feels like suede. It doesn't scratch very easily like smooth leather. Atleast that has been my experience.
Thanks Lisanr- I was really concerned about the quality of this cover. My current M-edge Prodigy has so many scuffs and scratches on it. I don't consider myself an anal-retentive person, but I cannot have a case that looks trashed! :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wow -- talk about apples and oranges. Those two covers couldn't be more different.

I have the Noreve cover in the Ambition pebbled leather, and it is Chestnut. It's a beautifully designed and made cover. The Chestnut is a very nice deep chocolate brown. The clasp is a combination magnet/snap and it is very secure. (I have five Noreve covers so far and the clasps on all of them are secure.) The Ambition leather is substantial and Noreve says it is more durable than their smooth leather. I have smooth leather ones too and none of them are scratched, but I'm careful with them. I don't just toss them in my handbag or briefcase -- I protect them with a zippered neoprene case.

Here is a link to a very good review that has a lot of photos of Noreve covers -- one made in Ambition and the other in Vintage.

http://www.casescoop.com/2009/04/22/amazon-kindle-2-leather-case-by-noreve-review/

I have no experience with the Marware cover, but I've looked at the photos and description. The description suggests that it's made of some sort of fiber material, and I assume that would be fairly durable. However, for me the elastic band would be a deal breaker. Elastic loses it's snap -- especially when it is constantly being stretched, as it would be when the cover is opened and closed -- but maybe it would last long enough for you to get your $40 worth.

Have you looked at the covers and cases made by Waterfield Designs? Those are made of a sturdy nylon fabric. No worries about scratches with that. They have received some good reviews here and elsewhere.

http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindle/kindlecase.htm

·
Registered
308 Posts
mmpierce said:
Thanks Lisanr- I was really concerned about the quality of this cover. My current M-edge Prodigy has so many scuffs and scratches on it. I don't consider myself an anal-retentive person, but I cannot have a case that looks trashed! :)
I have never had a very good experience with m-edge. Especially the smooth leather ones. They look worn out within 2 months and for the price that seems unaccepatable. I myself don't use the elastic on the ecoflip but its made very high quality compared to some I have seen and the way they use materials to give there case a leather appearance without being leather is neat. Wish it came in more colors but that is a minor quibble. And I like the "green" aspect of the case.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi mmpierce,

I have a Noreve cover and I posted some photos of it here. You can see the rail system from these photos. That's what got me to choose it over the other covers. The thing to take into consideration is the type of leather for the outside. I have some discussion of it on the second post below. Hope this helps you in your decision.

Laurie

This page shows photos of the Noreve cover brand new:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,10052.msg191693.html#msg191693

This page has my discussion after having it a few days:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,10246.msg193491.html#msg193491

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LibbyD said:
Wow -- talk about apples and oranges. Those two covers couldn't be more different.
I know! That's what's making this so hard. I like aspects of each of them. I don't like the travel wallet from the Noreve, but love the rail system. I need a company to custom make a case just for me! ;)

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions. I think that I'm leaning towards the Noreve.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wasn't crazy about the travel pockets on the left either. They have two pockets, I think it could have been one. But I am using them. I put an i.d. card in there, and I have a slip of paper with a list my tags that I add to the notes for each book, in case I forget. The pockets lay very flat, so it's good.

I had never seen the Marware before. I checked out their website. It is very flat. And the price is better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts