Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told to order myself a kindle for Father's Day. I am excited!

I have been looking at cases for quite awhile and thought the m-logic was a pretty good case and a good value.

While looking on here, I have become enamored with the Noreve. Looks very nice, I like having the few compartents on the left side, and it seems to be well made.

For those that have one, any trouble using a light with the case? I know the m-logic has the built in slot, but I don't like the white-stitching, don't really like their strap, and prefer the extra pockets.

Any feedback from Noreve owners?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Happy early father's day! what a great present for you to receive! I wish I could help you about the covers....but I only have Oberon which I love. Check out the review board and someone may have written a review on the noreve.

by the way, welcome to the boards! ;D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!
I love my noreve .  I don't use a light but really don't think it would be an issue.  My only issue is my fault (skin choice and color so I'll deal.  It is a very secure cover.  one recommendation if you are active and plan to carry the kindle with you everywhere I do recommend the vintage option over traditional.

I went with traditional thinking it would be ok just sitting beside me in my wheelchair when I am not reading and it is fine but I have noticed a few small scratches on the leather  

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Happy early father's day and welcome!
I just ordered a red leather noreve. I haven't received it yet, but I've looked at many reviews of it. From what I can tell, I would imagine when you fold the front cover to the back and then use the magnetic snap to have it stay securely back (I hope I'm making sense here) you could just attach the light to the front cover that is now behind the kindle and read that way.

Hopefully someone who already has their noreve can say if this is how it works!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome to the Boards.  Please be sure to come back and share with us your excitement when your K arrives.
deb

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is sort of what I envisioned, but thought someone with the case might let me know if there was a problem with that.

Yeah, great gift, I am excited.

Also, thanks for the person who posted the link to the cases/covers review page, but there is not a Noreve link there.

AddieLove said:
Happy early father's day and welcome!
I just ordered a red leather noreve. I haven't received it yet, but I've looked at many reviews of it. From what I can tell, I would imagine when you fold the front cover to the back and then use the magnetic snap to have it stay securely back (I hope I'm making sense here) you could just attach the light to the front cover that is now behind the kindle and read that way.

Hopefully someone who already has their noreve can say if this is how it works!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Have you typed in Noreve in our search feature?  I'm thinking that someone did a review of the Noreve at some point, and even posted some pics.  I am supposed to be typing a transcript or I would do the search and post the links for you.  If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll see what I can find later this evening.
deb

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link to reviews.  A few folks mentioned the Noreve.

Still not sure if it is worth the extra money, but it would be an easier decision if I could find a Noreve Coupon code.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
gstreez said:
Thanks for the link to reviews. A few folks mentioned the Noreve.

Still not sure if it is worth the extra money, but it would be an easier decision if I could find a Noreve Coupon code.
The code is JUNE15. I believe that's right. It is good until the 20 something of this month for 15% off. It's in the forum section labeled discounts ... or something like that. If you are looking to just get the smooth version (the cheapest one) I'd consider looking on Amazon. They have several of the colours, and it's slightly cheaper there. Plus, I believe it's free shipping (not positive about that). From what I've gathered noreve doesn't have a lot in stock. Some people waited a REALLY long time to get theirs. Plus, I trust Amazon's customer service far more.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I have 2 Noreves in the traditional leather (Ocean Blue and Olive Green) and I love how securely they hold the K, while being sleek at the same time.  I don't use a light very often, but I have the Mighty Brite and it's a good one.  I would suggest that if you use that w/this cover you put some kind of foam padding between it and the leather or you will leave indentation marks.  I received this email from Noreve on June 10th and am copying/pasting here for your use.

Great Savings at NoreveUSA.com

We are very excited for summer here at NoreveUSA. With summer comes great new gadgets for us to outfit with the finest leather cases. We are constantly striving to stay on top of the latest trends and introduce new designs and colors to stay in line with the changing times. We also understand that financially we are all a little under the weather. That is why we are offering 15% off of your entire purchase at NoreveUSA.com. Just enter the coupon code: June15 to save 15% off of anything you order including shipping!

Save 15%
Coupon Code: June15
Expires: June 28, 2009

Type in June15 in the Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons box upon checkout. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer including other coupons or sale pricing. Coupon is available on new orders on-line and over the phone only. Discount is applied to products ordered only and does not include tax. Void where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. Not redeemable for cash.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ruby,

Thanks for the info and the Coupon Code.

I really liked the traditional leather, but people seem to think the vintage is pretty impressive as well - though more expensive.

I was guessing that your light info was about what I expected, clipping it to the cover may mar the leather a bit, but maybe not a lot more than normal wear and tear.

Have you seen the pictures of the Edge-illuminator?  Instead of a clip, it has what is almost like a hard 'bookmark' that slides into a slot to hold it in place.  Do you think that would slide into one of the slots on the left-hand slide - the travel ticket/receipt slots or something?

The Noreve looks so much nicer than most of the other covers and looks like it is pretty sturdy, yet thin/small.  I really think it is nice, but hate to think I would be marking it up.

Again, thanks for the code - it is good until the 28th, so I have a few more days to think about it!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
gstreez said:
Ruby,

Thanks for the info and the Coupon Code.

I really liked the traditional leather, but people seem to think the vintage is pretty impressive as well - though more expensive.

I was guessing that your light info was about what I expected, clipping it to the cover may mar the leather a bit, but maybe not a lot more than normal wear and tear.

Have you seen the pictures of the Edge-illuminator? Instead of a clip, it has what is almost like a hard 'bookmark' that slides into a slot to hold it in place. Do you think that would slide into one of the slots on the left-hand slide - the travel ticket/receipt slots or something?

The Noreve looks so much nicer than most of the other covers and looks like it is pretty sturdy, yet thin/small. I really think it is nice, but hate to think I would be marking it up.

Again, thanks for the code - it is good until the 28th, so I have a few more days to think about it!
Gstreez,

You're welcome re: the code! I have seen pics of the vintage here and it does look nice, but I haven't seen it in person. I also wish there were more color choices, that might have swayed me. I think clipping the light to the cover on a regular basis would add more than just usual wear and tear. When I clipped mine just for about 5 seconds there were definite indents on it. I personally wouldn't do that, but it may not bother you as much as it would me :) I actually own the first generation of the M-edge Illuminator light and I tried seeing if it would slide in behind the K in the Noreve (it didn't fit right). I also tried what you suggested, but b/c there is no pocket it slides around. Also, you are putting it in upside down and would have to twist it around quite a bit. I'm not sure how much light would actually shine on the screen that way. I agree that the Noreve is very slim/minimal. I also have an M-Edge Platform that I like alot too. It's nice having that ledge on the left to hold it, when you aren't using it like an easel. The leather is nice quality and it solves your light problem. The sturdiest is probably the Oberon-have you seen those? I have 2 of those for K1 and one on the way for K2. I love the new Sky Blue and had to have it! Good luck w/whatever you decide on and BTW, an early Happy Father's Day wish to you as well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts