Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on ordering a Noreve 'summer' cover this weekend (before the code expires), and was hoping that someone could tell me how hard it is to get the Kindle in and out of it.

I know about the 'rails', but I plan on switching over to a 'winter' cover later in the year (a rotational thing) and am concerned about how hard it will be to get the Kindle out of the Noreve cover to transfer to another cover.

I love the light purple Noreve, but the Oberon is calling my name for winter.....

Help!

·
Registered
435 Posts
It's very easy to get a Kindle in and out of the Noreve cover, which is a little surprising since the rails hold it so firmly in place.  The Kindle slides in from the left, as you may know, and it doesn't take much force to do that.  When I remove it, I usually lay the cover down, put my thumbs on either side of the right side rail, and push.  Also easy.  I have two Noreve covers, and I switch back and forth fairly often.  Both my hands were injured in an accident and there are many hand movements that cause me pain, but I can handle these covers with no problem at all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You ladies are the BEST!

Thanks so much- and for someone who hasn't ordered her Kindle yet, I'm getting her wardrobe ready.

I have a DecalGirl skin on the way and will be ordering my Noreve today. The Kindle is next (maybe after the Oberon 'winter' cover). I don't want my baby nekkid when she arrives.

I'll hold off on skinning her until I know that there are no fading/charging/screen issues, and then my hubby will be happy. I won't be filling his ears with the Kindle saga anymore (NOT).

I love this board- everyone's so helpful!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course I forgot to say that I have some fabric on the way to Melissa at Borsa Bella too.

Am I nuts or what????

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Noreve "summer" cover?  Did I miss one?  Could someone post a link , please?

·
Registered
435 Posts
DD said:
I'm not familiar with the Noreve "summer" cover? Did I miss one? Could someone post a link , please?
You haven't missed anything. Flower meant she wanted the light purple to use during the summer. I'm considering the light green for the same reason. (It's called Olive, but a CS guy told me it's seafoam green.)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
LibbyD said:
You haven't missed anything. Flower meant she wanted the light purple to use during the summer. I'm considering the light green for the same reason. (It's called Olive, but a CS guy told me it's seafoam green.)
Oh, I get it! Having a moment there. After I re-read Flower's post, I understand. I was thinking it was something like the M-edge leisure cover for the K1. LOL I do like to have lighter covers for the summer too. I will probably use my M-edge fuschia platform around the pool a lot this summer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
*Flower*, thank you for starting a new Noreve thread! After reading LibbyD's post to the Bobarra thread, I checked out the Noreve covers, read all the related posts here on Kindleboards, and then ordered one -- in Orange!-- from amazon. They look really sleek and slim, and as far as I know, they are the only covers besides the Amazon ones that let the Kindle "float" without straps or other do-dads. This afternoon my Kindle popped out of my Bobarra for the second time. It fell only about 18 inches to a carpeted floor, but still -- a girl's heart can withstand only so much terror, plus I take my Kindle everywhere and it just as well could have happened on the pavement.

Someone else linked this, but it's an excellent video review of the Noreve in action:
http://www.casescoop.com/2009/04/29/video-review-and-more-pictures-of-the-noreve-amazon-kindle-2-case/

·
Registered
435 Posts
Profsusan, you are correct - at this point the only covers in which the Kindle can float are the ones made by Amazon and Noreve.  I like my Noreve covers more with each passing day, and hope you will enjoy yours too. 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I believe the Oberon has a velcro version that allows the K to "float".
deb

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
The other covers that float do not use velcro? 
deb

·
Registered
435 Posts
drenee said:
The other covers that float do not use velcro?
deb
That's right - other covers which allow the Kindle to float do not use Velcro. The Amazon cover has a hinge, and Noreve has rails.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
LibbyD said:
I bought the olive green one and I was also told it was kind of sea-foam green, but it isn't. It's not as dark as an olive to me, but it's definitely got that cast to it. If you want sea-foam don't order this color. I also bought the Ocean Blue one from another KB member here and I like that color better. That being said, the Noreve cover is GREAT! It's lightweight, folds back completely and the rail system is wonderfully secure. I also find it easy to get the K out when the need to change covers arises.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm glad that my thread was able to help someone!

Don't forget- if you want to save a bit, go and order from www.noreveusa.com directly and use the code NewColors to save 15% on your cover and shipping too. The code is supposed to expire on May 15th.

I ordered my light purple last night, and got a savings of $11.92 on my cover. And I just received an update tonight that my order status has changed from 'pending' to 'processing'.

Maybe it's actually in stock!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
**UPDATE**

I just received another communication from Noreve that my cover has SHIPPED!!

Of course it might be a good idea to get my Kindle ordered........  ;D

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am extremely interested in these covers... can someone who owns one tell me:  Does the rail system leave marks or scratches on the Kindle?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Kindgirl said:
I am extremely interested in these covers... can someone who owns one tell me: Does the rail system leave marks or scratches on the Kindle?
Definitely not. I am compulsive about keeping my things in pristine condition so you may be sure that nothing with the potential for marking or scratching will ever come near my Kindle. Because the rails are covered with leather they are entirely smooth.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am so in love with my noreve cover and the way she floats!!  I think it is the perfect system!  Maybe I should order a "summer" color also mine is red!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts