Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An answer to my earlier post:

Hmmm... as I was trying to decide between ordering from Noreve.com and Amazon.com - I wanted the simple black case, I clicked on a review of the noreve case on Amazon.  The review was written by someone in their company, I think, but it was pretty informative.

There are three levels of leather for the Noreve:

Napa - Noreve calls this their 'Perpetual' line, is a smooth grain and is very nice.  This line is only available at Amazon.com.  Thus, the Amazon.com version is a bit cheaper.  (69.99 at Amazon, available in a number of colors, though only black appears to be in stock reliably).

Pebble Grain - they call this their 'Ambition' line, and it is just that, a pebble grain that they say wears better - more resistant to tears and scratches. But, this is available in only three colors.  75-80 at Noreve.com, but with the 15% off coupon, comparable to the Amazon/napa version.

Suede - the 'Exceptional' line, which is their top of the line.  It is a treated suede that, from all of the pictures, looks very impressive.  They treat the suede to show the imperfections of the leather.  It may or may not wear as well, but has more of a craftsman look to it.  I think around 85-90, the most expensive, but also the most impressive looking.

Hope this helps if anyone had questions about the differences.

I think the

·
Registered
435 Posts
gstreez said:
Napa - Noreve calls this their 'Perpetual' line, is a smooth grain and is very nice. This line is only available at Amazon.com.
The information on Amazon was oddly phrased so the meaning is easy to misconstrue. Actually, the situation is not that the smooth leather is only available on Amazon. Rather, the smooth leather is the only one of the three Noreve leathers that is sold on Amazon. All three leathers are available on the Noreve website.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right, I realized that after I finished my post and went back to their site.  And, the Noreve website is incredibly confusing - they use one set of terms in their descriptions and another set when you order something.

Their website is one of the most confusing I have used with respect to understanding what is really, quite simple -

three grades of leather, and different color options for each

But, they use multiple descriptions and you don't see prices until you have selected something, then they use different terms after ordering.

I have seen a lot of good reviews regarding the quality and style of their covers, but the website is not transparent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts