Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why doesn't Amazon sell noreve for kindle? And I heard somewhere that noreve has gotten bad press. Why? Is this true?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a Noreve.  It is a wonderful product.  But I hear they have horrible customer service.  I didn't have a problem myself.  They also take a long time to get from Vietnam (where they are made) to France (where the company is located) to you house.  4 to 6 weeks I think is what you will wait.  They also don't package their products properly for long distance shipping, the boxes are usually banged up, but the covers are fine.

So, if you want the wonderful rail system that holds your kindle baby securely without the straps.  If you like good quality leather and workmanship.  If you don't mind long waits or potential surly French customer service.  Then you will be very happy with a Noreve case!  I love mine.

As for why they aren't sold through Amazon?  I don't know, but I wish they were.  Could have something to do with them be made to order, except for the basic black ones.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I think the Noreves used to be sold on Amazon, but I think they had like a U.S. distributor or something.  Don't know what happened though.  The Noreve is my very favorite cover, I prefer it over all others.  I love the rail system, it's so unobtrusive.  The leather is very soft and the cover folds back completely flat, which is something I love.  I've ordered 2 from them and I've received them in about 3-1/2 weeks, I think that is about the normal delivery time, unless you order Black.  Their packaging does leave a lot to be desired, the Noreve itself is in a not-very-sturdy cardboard box, then just stuck in a Tyvek mailing envelope, and it does arrive looking pretty tired and worn, but I've never had the cover itself actually damaged during shipment.

As far as customer service, unfortunately what you've heard is probably true.  We've heard here on the boards about people having problems with their customer service, particularly if you've ordered anything other than Black and there's a problem with it.  They don't seem to be willing to work with you at all on returning it.  I think most people just end up keeping it and re-selling it.  So I guess that's a shot in the dark, but I personally love the Noreves so much, I take that chance.  :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ditto to TLM and PG4003.....I've loved my Noreve covers! Even with some of the frustration involved with ordering them, I'd do it again and again, just because it's the perfect cover, in my opinion  :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno... just wanted to find out the mystery. The cases are way too expensive for my budget, as I'm already buying too many books.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts