Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting my downloads on Whispernet. I tried to download a sample--nothing. I plugged Kindle in, just in case, but still nothing. I've tried four times and still nothing. Is anyone else having a problem this morning?

I

·
0 Posts
Their closed on Saturdays...OK just kidding, I'll check.....

Ok worked Ok for me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
How many bars do you have right now? I just turned on Whispernet and pressed "check for new items" and some samples downloaded pretty quickly. Did you try that?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All my bars are lit. If no one else is having a problem, I guess it's just me. I saw over at the Amazon board that someone said that sometimes happens. It may be because the boards are busy since it's Saturday. Maybe everyone is on their Sprint phones.

I'll give it a day before I panic. (I know. I can always go through my computer, but where's the fun in that?)

Edit: Very funny Vampire. I was beginning to think that.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
durphy said:
All my bars are lit. If no one else is having a problem, I guess it's just me.
Have you tried rebooting?

I connect to the internet via an Alltel cell phone and every-once-in-a-while it just fails to connect. After I reboot, everything's fine again. The Kindle technology is essentially the same so it may be worth a try.

Jeff

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Genius Jeff. I did and it worked. I love this place!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Jeff said:
Have you tried rebooting?

I connect to the internet via an Alltel cell phone and every-once-in-a-while it just fails to connect. After I reboot, everything's fine again. The Kindle technology is essentially the same so it may be worth a try.

Jeff
Great tip, Jeff, good to know, thanks!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
We have hit and miss with cell signal out here in the piney woods of east Texas and a couple of times I had to go to my account on amazon and select the books that were in my library and tell them to send to my kindle. I know I had to do that with at least 2 titles the second or third day I had my kindle. Haven't had to do it since, but I figure it will happen again.

I

·
0 Posts
Dori said:
hehehe I love all those graphic smileys.

I was using Whispernet some this morning at work and it startled me to see my charge drop almost 50% that fast. No more WN While at work, my charger is at home and I still have a long ways to go before I can go home.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My blogs came very slow this morning...  I live in LA and everything usually downloads way fast, but this morning it took a while.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts