Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
My name is Andra and I live near Austin, TX.  My Kindle was my birghtday present this year and I am loving it.
I am very glad to have discovered this forum - everyone is so helpful and friendly.
I'll read just about anything - as long as it's fiction.  I have an extensive collection of old children's books (written around the 1900s) so I was pleased to find a lot of them available frree at manybooks.net.  I also enjoy Science Fiction/Fantasy and Mystery stories.
Right now my Kindle has a lot of Bobbsey Twins books, Terry Pratchett, Mercedes Lackey, Mary Higgins Clark and the Oz books.
Andra

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Andra!

I'm in GA. I'm also a big fiction fan. You made me laugh talking about the Bobbsey Twins. I loved those books growing up. I read every book that I could get hold of at our local library. Thanks for reminding me about Terry Pratchett. I started reading him, but stopped for whatever reason a few years ago. Need to get back to him. So many books to read so little time.  :D

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Andra said:
Hi Folks,
My name is Andra and I live near Austin, TX. My Kindle was my birghtday present this year and I am loving it.
I am very glad to have discovered this forum - everyone is so helpful and friendly.
I'll read just about anything - as long as it's fiction. I have an extensive collection of old children's books (written around the 1900s) so I was pleased to find a lot of them available frree at manybooks.net. I also enjoy Science Fiction/Fantasy and Mystery stories.
Right now my Kindle has a lot of Bobbsey Twins books, Terry Pratchett, Mercedes Lackey, Mary Higgins Clark and the Oz books.
Andra
Hi, Andra!

Welcome to the Kindleboards! You'll find many free & bargain book recommendations in the Book Corner as well as gift suggestions for your Kindle in Accessories. Tips & Tricks, with Leslie's FAQs, is a gold mine of information!

I'm going to check out the free children's books at manybooks.net, great news, loved those old books!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Andra,

Glad you found us.  There is lots reading, helps and tips for your Kindle here, something for everyone.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Andra! We are happy you joined us, we have fun here. Visit The Book Corner to read about our bookclubs starting in Jan. Bargan Books in The Book Corner for some great buys & you must stop by Accessories. We all share a love for reading and Kindling. I am a Bobbsey Twins reader also.  :) I thought your intro was great.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Hi Andra, I have a copy of a childhood book of my mother's "Elsie Dinsmore" by Martha Finley.  Has two copyright dates (not sure which is it) -- 1893 and 1896.  Also says "Special limited edition of 100,000 copies."  Are you familiar with Elsie and the series?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sandpiper, I haven't read Elsie Dinsmore, but the name is familiar.  I think some characters in a different story refer to her.  I'll have to check it out.
Andra

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Sounded like a very good introduction to me.  Enjoy your Kindle; couldn't think of a better birthday gift.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts