Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all - My name is Tracey and I have been lurking around since purchasing my refurbished Kindle before Christmas, a little Christmas present to myself much to the chagrin of my husband, who had reserved one for me with an estimated March arrival.  Love the boards and love this thing more than I thought I would.  Thanks to the postings here, I ran to my local grocery store with all of our accumulated change to convert to Amazon $$.

My poor Italian greyhound is suffering though, it is hard to tear myself away from my new toy to take him for walks.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Tracy! So glad to have you here.

An Italian greyhound? I love them. We had a retired racer who died two years ago. I miss her every day.

L

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not named my Kindle yet, and am using the standard cover (successfully, so far).  Oh, I did buy a small book light that is a necessity. I am considering the M Edge cover with the new light?  Hmmmm... I like the color options.

Right now I am reading several books, including the free Laurie Notaro book from Amazon (love her, very funny), a few Edith Wharton books from feedbooks.com that have been out of print (The Gods Arrive).  I am also ashamed to admit that I purchased the overpriced "Mrs. Astor Regrets" from Amazon as I had followed the case in Vanity Fair.  Great book, but too much $$ for an ebook that I can't pass on.  Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leslie said:
Welcome, Tracy! So glad to have you here.

An Italian greyhound? I love them. We had a retired racer who died two years ago. I miss her every day.

L
We had a whippet too who passed away two years ago. I still miss him very much. A retired racer will be our next dog - we always joke about getting the complete set - IG, Whippet and Greyhound. But I don't have enough couch or bed space to share with three couch potato dogs!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Have you seen that there is a book club going on now? It is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I have read the first five chapters which is this week's assignment and it is really good. It's the first of a five or six ?? book series. One book I recently finished and was excellent was Stephen King's The Stand - the expanded edition. That was a great read and I'll be rereading that one in a few months.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here Tracey!  You do need to take your furbaby for nice long walks and reward yourself with your kindle afterward.

There are lots and lots of suggestions in the Book club thread - too many to keep up with.

Welcome

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome aboard Tracey...good to have you here. My brother used to have an IG....cute little thing!!!

Suzanne....Outlander is the first of six with two more on the horizon and that's not including the three spinoffs :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Tracey and welcome to the boards! You can find all kinds so recommendations in The Book Corner. Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
835 Posts
chynared21 said:
Welcome aboard Tracey...good to have you here. My brother used to have an IG....cute little thing!!!

Suzanne....Outlander is the first of six with two more on the horizon and that's not including the three spinoffs :)
Oh that is wonderful to hear! It's so great to find a new author or series and have all those books ahead of you!! Now I can be a little piggy and have at it.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Tracey!

You can share pics of your IG in the PhotoBoard!  And be sure to check out the Book Klubs in the Book Corner!

Congratulations on your Kindle!  We understand Kindle love here!

Betsy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome, everyone and thank you for the recommendations. 

I have been such a vocal advocate of my Kindle - just found out that two friends who had never even heard of a Kindle have now purchased their own.  I wonder how many more will purchase in the future...

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
lol. Traceyreads! I had the same problem with my dog. She's sit at the edge of my bed staring at me...waiting for me to take her out. (I am the only one that takes her out) Now I just take her to the dog park or a open area, let her run free, and I'd be in my own little corner kindling.

Welcome to the Boards!!!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
LOL!  It's like Vampyre, who is now using, again, the avatar he was using when he first signed up.  He switched to something else 'cause we kept thinking he was a girl.  I think that's when Harvey put in the gender icons.

Betsy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts