Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today is the day! The day my Kindle 2 arrives!  I have tracked it and it is on schedule and on the the truck for delivery.  Come on UPS!  Haven't heard if the new owner of my Kindle 1 has received it yet. I ended up deregistering it and leaving the books on there. Hope all will go well when it gets here, no problems with registration, etc! I'm so excited, can't wait for it to get here and order me a new book...any suggestions of a new good read?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
LADennis said:
Well, today is the day! The day my Kindle 2 arrives! I have tracked it and it is on schedule and on the the truck for delivery. Come on UPS! Haven't heard if the new owner of my Kindle 1 has received it yet. I ended up deregistering it and leaving the books on there. Hope all will go well when it gets here, no problems with registration, etc! I'm so excited, can't wait for it to get here and order me a new book...any suggestions of a new good read?
Oh, that's wonderful that it's out for delivery. I crave that feeling of excitement when you know it's on it's way. It's almost like awaiting the arrival of a new baby! ;) I'm very happy for you. Enjoy and report on your impressions when you first open it so that we can all enjoy that feeling again vicariously.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The beautiful brown truck dropped off the PRECIOUS Kindle 2 at my doorstep at 3:37pm! She's all charged up and I am reading The Other Boleyn Girl.  I know, older novel but I never got around to reading it.  It is VERY good!!  I just cannot wait for my Oberon cover to get here. I did purchase the black Amazon cover because I didn't want my sweet Kindle to catch a cold while waiting for her new clothes!!!!!  No name yet for my Kindle...put those thinking caps on!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Congratulations! I am sure you two will be very happy together. :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I LOVE the Kindle2!  They made some wonderful changes. I love the fact the on/off is on top and not the back.  It seems everything is at your fingertips which is great.  The pages turn faster without hesitation and that was annoying to me on the K1.  My friends just laugh at me because I am so obsessed with my Kindle.  They all checked on me all day because they knew I was waiting on pins and needles for that big brown truck to come!!  I am VERY please with the new and much improved Kindle.. Happy, happy, joy, joy!! 

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Yeah!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
LADennis said:
The beautiful brown truck dropped off the PRECIOUS Kindle 2 at my doorstep at 3:37pm! She's all charged up and I am reading The Other Boleyn Girl. I know, older novel but I never got around to reading it. It is VERY good!! I just cannot wait for my Oberon cover to get here. I did purchase the black Amazon cover because I didn't want my sweet Kindle to catch a cold while waiting for her new clothes!!!!! No name yet for my Kindle...put those thinking caps on!
I love that brown truck.

Congratulations!

L

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm thinking Boleyn would be a great Kindle name... In honor of the first book you read on it!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Happy dance for you.  How exciting, and thanks for sharing. 

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
LADennis said:
I LOVE the Kindle2! They made some wonderful changes. I love the fact the on/off is on top and not the back. It seems everything is at your fingertips which is great. The pages turn faster without hesitation and that was annoying to me on the K1. My friends just laugh at me because I am so obsessed with my Kindle. They all checked on me all day because they knew I was waiting on pins and needles for that big brown truck to come!! I am VERY please with the new and much improved Kindle.. Happy, happy, joy, joy!!
Congrats on your new Kindle. Enjoy ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

1 - 20 of 28 Posts