Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following the strange delay in remittance emails for Nov 2012 payments. Over at the KDP forums, several people have yet to receive them (myself included, for a high 5-figure sum).

Has anyone here received any yet? I've been publishing with KDP for a year now and this is the first time anything to do with payments has seemed delayed.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I did do some searches here to see if this topic has been mentioned before with zero results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
teashopgirl said:
I haven't received mine yet. Perhaps it has to do with the holiday in here the U.S.?
It's good (well, not for us, but you know what I mean) to hear that this isn't isolated.

I thought about the holiday, but looking at the history of emails I've received for various countries in the last several months, they appear to come around the middle of the month which we're a few days past.

You're probably right, though; perhaps the recent mishaps with their sales tracking combined with the holiday mean that we'll be seeing them come in later than usual this month.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Man, don't remind me it's already that time of month again. So many looming deadlines...

I haven't gotten my remittance emails yet, but I thought I usually got them around the 23rd/24th. I'm too lazy to check.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I wouldn't expect that money until the end of the month. The email shows up whenever, but the money's rarely there before the 28th of the month. And sometimes, the money's even taken until the first few days of the next month.

I would say it's way too soon to worry about November money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DreamWeaver said:
I just checked the dates of past remittance emails. They've been sent anywhere from the 17th to the 24th of the month (most around the 20th/21st days), so it doesn't seem particularly late to me this month.
Good call on that. I went back into my email archives past where I was looking before, and I do see dates in the 20-ish of the month. Looks like this is pretty standard, just on the later side rather than the earlier side this month.

Sorry for inciting any type of panic with my first set of posts! This is one of my largest payout months to date, so I'm pretty antsy to get the money deposited. :)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Just got my email. It's not payable till the thirtieth, though. And I haven't gotten the UK email-- usually I get that first!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
MegHarris said:
Just got my email. It's not payable till the thirtieth, though. And I haven't gotten the UK email-- usually I get that first!
Same here. Not that I really wanted to be reminded that November was my worst month out of the last six. :eek:

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Not that I really wanted to be reminded that November was my worst month out of the last six.
I feel like I'm rolling in riches, compared to the payment I'll get for December's earnings *sighs*. There's bad, and then there's BAD.

But doubtless 2013 will be better! *puts on optimistic hat*

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Got mine. It was up from November, so that's good, but what I can't wait for is the December payment. December was good to me. *rubs hands together*

·
Registered
817 Posts
US in, but I cannot wait for the UK's which is almost as much this month, and will be double the US sales with the next remittance. Oh, sweet December.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
JRTomlin said:
Got mine. It was up from November, so that's good, but what I can't wait for is the December payment. December was good to me. *rubs hands together*
I can't wait for December's payout, either. It'll be almost five times what I earned in November.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Oh, good, it's not just me. I just got the US remittance, but nothing for overseas. And I usually get the overseas payment around the 21st or so, so it's weird that there's been no remittance for it yet. I emailed them, so I'll probably get a response tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts