Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,575 Posts
J.R. I understand your frustration. Historical involves so much time and research, it's hard to price it at .99 cents--especially when that doesn't generate ten times as many sales.

I had Vestal Virgin--suspense in ancient Rome priced at .99 cents when I first brought it out, as a promotion. But now it's priced at $2.99. Sales are building slowly. I plan to write a sequel eventually, and when I bring that out, I may drop the price of Vestal Virgin. But right now $2.99 seems fair.

I plan to bring out another historical (not a sequel to Vestal Virgin) this winter, Agathon's Daughter--suspense in ancient Greece. I'll probably offer it at .99 cents for a limited time to generate sales and reviews--but then I'll raise the price to $2.99 or even $3.99. The costs for bringing out this book include: visiting Greece, constant research, cover, formatting, editor...etc, etc. I love writing historical, but it's not easy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.