Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Felonious Jazz is now just 99c to celebrate the release of the followup thriller, Record of Wrongs.

Felonious Jazz was named a double finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (mystery and thriller categories). 4.5 stars, 23 reviews. A jazz bassist terrorizes the Raleigh suburbs with his "perfect jazz album of felonies," murdering pets and people and wrecking stores and homes while drunk on waterless hand sanitizer. The staff investigator of a civil law firm must stop him before the composition reaches its crescendo.

Upon release, this novel performed amazingly, rocketing into the top 25 mysteries and thrillers in the Kindle store two different times (see the blow-by-blow below in the thread) has been selling extremely well at local B&M retailers for $14.95 in trade paperback and has strong reviews on Amazon. Go ahead and grab it before the price goes back up, and you'll have it to read when you need something fun.

If you already read it, why not post a review?

Here's the back cover blurb: Jeff Davis Swain digs up evidence for a Raleigh, North Carolina, trial law firm. Like Raleigh, Swain is Southern with blue-collar roots but now finds himself more at home in an Audi convertible than a rusty Ford pickup. When one of the firm's clients comes home to find his McMansion burglarized -- and his new wife's dog dead in the kitchen -- the man suspects his ex-wife. But Swain senses this is someone far more dangerous. From a stolen minivan, washed-up jazz bassist Leonard Noblac watches as Swain begins to investigate. He's ready to perform his next crime to punish and expose the zeros who live in the soulless suburb of Rocky Falls, and he's happy to have Swain in the front row of his audience. Used to working from the shadow at the back of the stage, Leonard intends to put down a throbbing beat of crime and destruction in Rocky Falls, the performance he knows will finally make him famous -- a jazz album of felonies. Jeff Swain must find Leonard and stop him -- but that will put the people closest to Jeff in mortal danger.

So please grab it today and, if you like it, tell all your friends. Paperback edition is now live on Amazon for $12.95, too:
http://www.amazon.com/Felonious-Jazz-novel-Bryan-Gilmer/dp/1442173084
At more than 90 percent off, the Kindle version is a no-brainer!

Hope you all enjoy it!

Bryan

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Hi Bryan and welcome to our Kindleboard community!  Your books sounds like something I would really enjoy, but I am not likely to buy it for $7.99 on Kindle when the digital list price is $2.49.  Maybe when the paperback comes out and I can get it at a discount from cover price from a Barnes & Noble or elsewhere I will give it a try.  Good luck and, again, Welcome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you are in luck! The reason the list price shows $2.49 is that based on feedback from Kindle users, I have seen the light and just lowered the list price from $9.99 to $2.49 to achieve a selling price of $1.99 for a limited time to encourage readers to try a new author.

Amazon's database takes a while to fully update, so you caught my Kindle page at an odd moment. You should see the selling price become $1.99 very shortly. Hopefully, that means you will give my book a try. If you do, I'd be grateful if you posted a review on Amazon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Many attractive features to your novel.  North Carolina and jazz should prove interesting.  I am watching the price.... still 7.99.   Wishing you well.

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Price is at $1.99 this morning and Felonious Jazz is now on my Kindle.  Thanks Bryan, I probably would not have kept checking if you hadn't let us know the price change was coming.  Looking forward to reading it soon.

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Chris. . . .and congrats on post #501 :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll give it a shot, too — especially because you're a newspaperman.

You might want to change the title of the thread to $1.99. My guess is you may get a few more people peeking in there with that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyone's advice on putting FELONIOUS JAZZ on sale. I really believe that listening to the customer is the key to success.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Thanks for reducing the price, Bryan!  Your book looks like something I'll enjoy, it's on my TBR short list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Brian,

Just bought it for 1.99 and will write a review once I am done.  Good luck with becoming a novelist!!!!!

J

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Up almost 21,000% - WOW!  Do I have it right that if we want to comment on Felonious Jazz itself now, a new thread should be started in the Book Corner?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just bought it, because I felt so compelled being that I live in Raleigh!  ;D  Thanks for the sale price, can't wait to get to it!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congrats, Bryan!  Great news!  Kindle Boarders are passionate about our authors (Indie or not), our kindles, and books (not necessarily in that order).

Bought it.  Waiting TBR on my very special "short list" SD card.

Thanks for dropping your price point.  Honestly, I wouldn't have tried it @7.99 but bought it immediately (w/o even bothering to sample) @1.99. And that is in no way meant to imply that its not worth the higher price.

The price drops allow me to seek out new-to-me authors.  And if I like a "new author's" bargain or free offering enough, I will almost always buy their other works.  I also always talk "my" new authors up to all of my RL "reading" friends and coworkers, too.

I love books with their roots in the south.  Being a native Floridian may have something to do with that.  Looking forward to enjoying yours.

Tangie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, Tangie! I worked at the St. Pete Times in Florida for about six years. What part of the state are you from?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts