Kindle Forum banner

How Often Did You Use NOW NOW Feature? and Do You Miss It??

• Never Used It

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • Only Used it a Little

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Used it ALL the TIME

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DON'T MISS IT

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • MISS IT TERRIBLY

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • DON'T CARE

Votes: 4 5.8%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to see how important users thought the NowNow feature was and whether or not they miss it. 

·
Registered
260 Posts
I never used it but I thought of a good question the other day that I could have asked if the Now Now wouldn't be Gone Gone. I have since forgotten the question so I guess it wasn't that important anyway :).

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think that the people who answered Now Now questions found the information by the same web-based search that is available to anyone with an internet connection. I can look it up for myself.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Now Now was Gone Gone before I got a chance to us it it.

I don't think I would have really used it much.  It's just as easy to google your own questions.

I

·
0 Posts
sjc said:
Just trying to see how important users thought the NowNow feature was and whether or not they miss it.
I never got a chance to use it. I got my Kindle on Friday night and it was about the following Monday that NowNow WentWent ByeBye.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I never got the chance to try it, I live about 30 miles away from Whispernet coverage, but I do go into coverage about twice a month, unfortunately NowNow  was gone after about 2 weeks of owning my kindle.  Even so, I don't think I would have used it a lot anyway.  :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Chimmer said:
Since I just joined the Kindle Kommunity, I've never had a chance to use it. What exactly did NowNow do?
You would ask a question (type it in on your Kindle and send it via Whispernet), and the amazon m-turkers would find the answer using the internet and you would get three responses back. You could then grade the responses on how helpful they were.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was never in doubt as to how short-lived it would be.  I knew that having staff looking up your questions on free wireless to begin with would not last.  I too, only tested it when I first got my Kindle to see the reliability and response time.  Guess none of us miss it...that's what Google is for.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I never got to use it. It was gone a couple of days after I got my kindle.  But the other night I really wished I had it, there was something I wanted to know that was driving me crazy and I didn't want to go to the computer.

hmmm don't remember what it was anymore so must not have been that important!  ;D :eek: ;D

theresam

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any time I use my Kindle for anything other than downloading or reading, i.e. internet, etc... it freezes solid. I quickly stopped trying as I use the main computer for that stuff anyway.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I had one trip into wisperland. I ran into a kindle question and asked. answer back was they could not answer kindle questions - to call CS. I had no access to phone so no help.  I thought it had potential though. kind of felt misterious being new to the wispernet and all.
Sylvia

so sorry spell check not working- may be my slow connection

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm in the boat of never had a chance to use it. But I'm also in the boat of miss it terribly, because it seemed like such a cool feature and I wanted to use it a lot before I got the polite e-mail saying it was gone :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
qotdr said:
Any time I use my Kindle for anything other than downloading or reading, i.e. internet, etc... it freezes solid. I quickly stopped trying as I use the main computer for that stuff anyway.
I find you need like 4 or 5 bars of connection for any remotely decent internet browsing. And that's "remotely decent" in 1990's terms.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts