Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the fact that dozens of customers have reported receiving shipping notices, Amazon waited until late today to make it official. Press release exerpt, full version on Amazon site.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1259101&highlight=

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 23, 2009-- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced it is shipping Amazon Kindle 2. Already the No. 1 seller in Electronics on the Amazon.com Web site in just 15 days since it was introduced on Feb. 9, Kindle 2 offers revolutionary wireless delivery of content in a new slim design with longer battery life, faster page turns, over seven times more storage, sharper images and a new read-to-me feature. Kindle 2 began shipping today to customers who were in line for the original Kindle and customers who pre-ordered beginning Feb. 9. New orders placed today will be released for immediate shipping.

"The response from customers to Kindle 2 has been tremendous. In order to ensure we ship Kindle 2 by the original ship day of Feb. 24, we started shipping one day early," said Ian Freed, vice president, Amazon Kindle. "We're excited about the new design and features of Kindle 2, and we think our customers will be too."

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Under-promise and over-deliver. So far, this seems to be Amazon's mantra.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Better than the other way around, of course!  :)

Ann

·
Registered
433 Posts
Maybe Jeff Bezos is going on The Daily Show so he can wave at us and tell us our K2s are coming. Hi Jeff!!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
My DD's kindle is being shipped a full week earlier... her original ship date was March 2nd. Her's is now on its way to Houston!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please don't laugh at the tear slipping form the corner of my eye.  My origianl ship date was tomorrow and as far as I can tell nothing has changed.  SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHH! :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Angela said:
My DD's kindle is being shipped a full week earlier... her original ship date was March 2nd. Her's is now on its way to Houston!!
When did she/you place the order? My ship date is March 2nd but when I went today to change my shipping option it wouldn't let me so maybe it's already being processed. I don't want to wait 2 weeks darnit.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
happypuppy007 said:
When did she/you place the order? My ship date is March 2nd but when I went today to change my shipping option it wouldn't let me so maybe it's already being processed. I don't want to wait 2 weeks darnit.
The order was placed on Feb 15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts